My desoto has most of the glass on!

mackster

I wanted to get the front windshield cut and fitted and the rear glass installed but I got a good deal and decided to get all the glass installed except the vent windows. My car has been chopped three inches all around. and now it has glass. :) I will pick it up tomorrow and then im gonna install the interior this weekend! just exited and wanted to share with you all! :)

mackster,

How do you plan to keep paint off the rubber when it comes time to shoot it?

-Randy

One trick painters use is to lift the outside edge of the gasket and then prop it up with string wedged underneath. It allows you to mask the rubber completely and get good paint coverage at the same time.

I wanted to get the front windshield cut and fitted and the rear glass installed but I got a good deal and decided to get all the glass installed except the vent windows. My car has been chopped three inches all around. and now it has glass. :) I will pick it up tomorrow and then im gonna install the interior this weekend! just exited and wanted to share with you all! :)

I can't imagine how you can cut a curved windshield to fit a 3" chop. Flat glass, I can understand, but to cut a curved glass windshield to fit must take an extraordinary talented craftsman. If I tried it, I'd be up to my neck in ruined windshields:eek:

One trick painters use is to lift the outside edge of the gasket and then prop it up with string wedged underneath. It allows you to mask the rubber completely and get good paint coverage at the same time.

Good tip,thanks for posting...I've also made a note of that. :)

Hey mackster,great to see your progress..looking forward to more pictures :)

thank you guys! its coming along...little by little! the rope trick sounds like a winner! i will remember that when its my time to paint it! The glass was a pain on the butt to cut! I broke the first one trying. then i hired a professional and he did it first try! he said its practice. he hasnt broken one winshield in a long time. my front windshield opening wasnt even. So he had to massage it to fit! but it all worked out in the end. The winshield is only about 11+ inches long...I was told its illegal to have a windshield shorter than 12 inches :o but i dont think many cops will bring out the measuring tape anyways! :D more pics tomorrow!!! :D

its Home!

Edited by mackster

Pay no attention to the vent wings and some of the outside mods Im still working on those! but over all im happy i have glass! I still need the rubber strips that go inside and outside of the glass to make the car water tight!

and you ca nsee my seats finally inside the car! :)

post-394-13585367830233_thumb.jpg

post-394-13585367831138_thumb.jpg

post-394-13585367832008_thumb.jpg

Were those the seats you stitched up yourself? Looking great regardless!!

No, this ones were made by a friend around here who has an upholstery shop. it wasnt too expensive to get the seats done but now he wants an arm and a leg to do the headliner and door panels. :o