Anyone use these floor pans?

austinsailor

I need to replace some floor parts in my 53 Plymouth. I'm considering buying them from vendor classicparts4u on ebay,

item #140735786029

and

item # 200738255640

Has anyone used their parts or do you have any feedback for me? Do they fit well, are the similar to the original floors?

Thanks

I bought one for my desoto. and ended up not using it. The holes were only prep for the brake and gas. there was no hole for the clutch. also It was way thinner than the orignal and it did not fit right. I ended up making a piece out of thicker metal and re-using the pieces i had. it turned out better than the pan...just my opinion. I bought it because it was cheap.

Mackster, were these the same seller? I gather they were.

I see buyer after buyer leaving great feedback, but looking at the pictures, assuming they are supposed to be the actual parts, they do not look the same as the floors in my car by far. And you are right, they do not have holes for pedals.

Guess I'll be making my own.

Thanks,

Gene

Gene, I have a 54 stripped down. I believe the floor on the drivers side is good. can you wait a couple days for a pic?

Sure. is this just for pictures, or do you have usable floorboards to sell?

And no, I haven't tried the plymouth dr, I'll have to have a look. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
i never did get any replacements for my floors.

If anyone has a 53 (or 54, I think) with floor pans I could cut out I'm interested.

The very bottom of mine are bad with some holes, plus around the pedals.

Shoot me a address I will send you the one I got from eBay. Maybe you can put it to good use.

I purchased floor pans, rocker and quarter panels for a '39 Plym conv cpe from the Plymouth Doctor a few years ago.. Very nice people to deal with.. The parts were of very good quality, however, like all replacement panels, adjustments, trimming, etc., was required to make them fit..

I would highly recommend the Plymouth Doctor....Bill

I purchased floor pans, rocker and quarter panels for a '39 Plym conv cpe from the Plymouth Doctor a few years ago.. Very nice people to deal with.. The parts were of very good quality, however, like all replacement panels, adjustments, trimming, etc., was required to make them fit..

I would highly recommend the Plymouth Doctor....Bill

I'd gladly try them, but '52 is S late as the make. Mine is '53.

Gene