OT, but relevant...maybe. Zombie Flies

Greenbomb

My shop is 2X6 frame construction, with particle board, Tyvek and hardy board. The roof is plywood sheeted with 3 tab asphalt shingles. The north and south walls each have a 4'X4' double pane window, and the upstairs has a 4'X5' double pane window. There is no insulation or heat in the building. This has proven to be a great combination for breeding FLIES!!! Lots of them and they are pretty much zombie-like while alive. They don't last long and there's always a bazillion of them dead all over the place. I vacuum them up and come back later (sometimes hours, sometimes days) and there's a boat load of them laying around dead with a bunch more buzzing around the windows. Once the lights come on they will spread out and explore them. So, since many of you guys have shops of various kinds and stages of construction, I'm hoping one of you have had this problem and can tell me how to resolve it. PLEASE! They're making me nuts!!!

A good old Tennessee boy gets pulled over by a state trooper. The trooper walked up to his car and the good old boy noticed he was swatting flies that kept buzzing around his head. The good ol boy says, "Y'all havin' some problem with them circle flies?"

The trooper said, "Well, yes, if that's what they're called, but I've never heard of circle flies."

"Well, sir," the good pld boy replies, "Circle flies hang around horse barns. They're called circle flies because they're almost always found circling around the back end of a horse."

"Oh," the trooper replies as he goes back to swatting.

But, a moment later he stops and bluntly asks, "Are you calling me a horse's ***?"

"No, sir," the good ol boy replies, "I have too much respect for the citizens of this country to call a state trooper a horse's ***."

"That's a good thing," The trooper responds and begins swatting once more.

After a long pause, the good ol boy, in his best Tennessee

drawl says, "Hard to fool them flies, though."

The facts about flies. A flies metobalaism is such that the fly must poop every three to five seconds. And the fly can not poop and fly at the same time. So think about what the fly is doing everytime he lands.

This is the first year Ihave not had similar..but not to the degree you describe. The dairy down the road closed and this winter there was not grouping of the flies as they seek to come inside once the temp starts to change...no dairy..no excess flies I guess..could be a fluke so will wait one more season to see if the dairy had a lot to do with them. I get that stupid Japanese beetles tha tlook like lady bugs..Ihate them..they stink and will bite me in a heartbeat. I bug bombed them suckers..so car I have but just a handfull now compared to when I moved into the place..cockroaces..not a problem..spiders eat them before I see them..anybody want some spiders???