International Work On Your Classic Truck Day....

gotta stick with "working on my truck" as being the Dakota cip and running gear in the Bz Cp...here it is putting the body back on..3 hours by myself..about 4 with bolting it down chasing all the bolt threads and new nuts etc..I was very fortunate..all my measurements came out just right...at least for all the things I see for the moment..it is good to have it rolled back into the shop

post-7-13585367469215_thumb.jpg

post-7-13585367469858_thumb.jpg

post-7-13585367470488_thumb.jpg

post-7-13585367471072_thumb.jpg

post-7-13585367471718_thumb.jpg

Very productive day... sorry no pics yet. :D

1) speedo cable attached

2) clutch housing pan and plate put back on

3) floor boards put back in

4) D-O-D-G-E plate put back on the front of the grill!!!!

5) Dad came over and helped me put the front clip back on, front fender too

6) Hood back on and the hood supports

7) Glue and clamped the cowl weatherstrip overnight

8) Measured and talked with Dad about how we might build the flatbed.

It was a good day.

About the only thing I can say I did was signed the list of people who'd buy a reproduction 39-47 truck gastank that our yahoo group is working on getting reproduced for the first time.

In full compliance. It's been a long but productive day!

Spent the whole day making new valves for the truck. With the help of my buddy Steve, we successfully adapted 6 Chevy valves to fit the Mopar flat 6. These have thicker stems and will reduce my clearance within the existing guides to eliminate smoking and oil consumption.

post-3764-13585367477067_thumb.jpg

post-3764-13585367477724_thumb.jpg

post-3764-13585367478425_thumb.jpg

post-3764-13585367479353_thumb.jpg

post-3764-13585367480021_thumb.jpg

Edited by John-T-53

Well, I sorta complied, lol.

Pushed the '51 outside and cleaned the garage to make way for our Camaro that was supposed to come back from the body shop on Saturday. That never happened so we pushed the old truck back inside. My son had fun steering it while my wife and I pushed. :)

Two days late but I picked up the 46 from storage yesterday afternoon. It was a close call on it starting on its own. I'm chalking it up to a combination of my not touching an old mopar in about 6months and an assumption that the carb would be somewhat dry. Well apparently it wasnt because I flooded it bad. Battery was just starting to wind down when it finally popped off. After that it ran find and drove home. I even stopped at the second hand book store for a few John Sandford books and it restarted great then too. It was still charging a little high when I got home might need a trickle charge after so much cranking.

I didn't get anything done on the truck today, but I did spend the day clearing out the garage....

I say it counts Bud....after all....I bet you were thinking about working on your truck the whole time...:)

48D

Had over a 1000 lbs of scrap on mine that I loaded Sat morning only to find out the yard didn't open until Monday. Put it in the garage w the load on-barely even squatted. I couldn't believe the scale readings 5690 loaded 4612 empty. Mike