International Work On Your Classic Truck Day....

March 24th....International Work On Your Classic Truck Day.......

yea....I made it up.:D

Ok, this is how it works:

1. Work on your truck....looking at it counts, writing "wash me on it counts, washing, dusting it, kicking the tires ALL counts!

2. Report what you did....and be honest, cuz its all good.

3. Post a picture of what you did....again, fresh finger prints count.

4. Explain what inspires you the most about your truck....it was your dad's, it was your uncle's, brother's, you found it,.......

5. Try to share as soon as you can.....it'll make it more fun

This should be interesting........:D

48D

• Like 1

Your rule is discriminatory against those of us with winter :) Even though its been a very mild season this year I still won't see my truck until the 26th. So does doing something with spare parts etc count?

I'll try to do SOMETHING. I'm up to my eyeballs in a large kitchen build right now for more funds and also have the West Regional NCAA hockey game to go tailgate for at 9AM...

been on spring break and got Old Blue running the other day! Then the rains came (I have no garage and am doing this resto in my driveway) Neighbors love me.

So today the sun came out.... ripped my binding on the over used shop manual... duck tape easy fix.

Can inside to look up how the speedo cable hooks up through the firewall and saw this post. I am a notorious lurker but thought I could contribute to Internationl Work on Your Truck Day!

I don't say it enough but thanks to all of you for your help along the way,

Sam

Actually Ed, I was at that VW rally/race/swap meet and while there bought two nice electric fuel pumps for $2.00 each..I want to set one of these up on a portable boat gas tank and go out and actually start the 58 truck..if I could find a good right door..that would be a quick on the road project or at least to use in the orchard at home..rest of the truck is solid..rough, but solid

So today the sun came out.... ripped my binding on the over used shop manual... duck tape easy fix.

Came inside to look up how the speedo cable hooks up through the firewall and saw this post. I am a notorious lurker but thought I could contribute to Internationl Work on Your Truck Day!

I don't say it enough but thanks to all of you for your help along the way,

Sam

Cool Sam......I feel the same way about the guys who take the time to share what they know here.

Soooo....save a task for the 24th, and know we're all wrenchin right along with you! lol:D

48D

Tim I think you should wipe some dust off that 58 dodge as part of IWOYCTD.

Ya Tim, I vote you dust off the 58 Truck.....!

48D

Well, I got out of school and got a bit done on my truck today. I finished all the "rough" filler work, and threw some high build on to see where I'm at. The roof actually looks good to go, it looks like GLASS, but I found some spots on the cab I never felt or saw before, but I guess that's what the high builds for, to see all the issue spots and blocking out.

post-7184-13585367386197_thumb.jpg

post-7184-13585367387075_thumb.jpg

post-7184-13585367387927_thumb.jpg

post-7184-13585367388674_thumb.jpg

post-7184-13585367389689_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

please get yourself a respirator.....

I have one, but before I started spraying it fell off the cab and the plastic shattered...I already had the primer mixed with a 20 min pot life.

I was inspired by the upcoming holiday and knowing that its going to rain this weekend, I decided to get off early and finish putting my dash back together.

B1Bkeven fixed up my speedo and gauges for me and they look great. Thanks again Keven. I also decided to finally wire up my 802 I bought from Reg a year or so ago. Now I'm ready for baseball season on the radio. Go Giants!

I wish you and yours a very merry WOYCTD!

post-6693-13585367390002_thumb.jpg

post-6693-13585367390747_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ok...less than 24 hours......I have no idea how many "truck members" are here, but my less then scientific estimate sez at least 500 or more (lil' help GTK, lol).....

My plan is to bbq my lunch....throw the baseball with my college son....fix the oil filter and put the gas tank back in "the Brick". He and I burned a hole in the filter racing at Bonneville. We removed the tank to empty it and winterize the truck.

Today I continue to clean the yard for the annual Clements Tailgate BBQ....

48D

Hi Dodger Guy;

:D

Great Holiday idea! I got a bit of a start today. Finally rolled it out into the sunshine and flushed out the engine block. Tomorrow the bed comes off.....at least that's the plan. ;)

It's coming along......have managed to get something accomplished almost every day this year. Not as much as I would like but......

Jeff

post-8378-13585367412529_thumb.jpg

post-8378-13585367413257_thumb.jpg

post-8378-1358536741401_thumb.jpg

post-8378-13585367414655_thumb.jpg

post-8378-13585367415415_thumb.jpg

I think I will be hanging the springs tomorrow. I'm removing one leaf from the front and two from the back. The removed leafs will go on top: (1) to store them (3) so the u-bolts are usable. The pics show one leaf removed on the rears but I am going to change that.

Enjoyable thread. Maybe make this an annual event! :)

post-23-13585367417947_thumb.jpg

post-23-13585367418469_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming
changed shackles to u-bolts

I'm taking the holiday tomorrow, and gonna let my truck do some work. I've got some copper, brass, and steel that is going to the scrapyard on her back. Also have a nosepiece from a parts truck that is badly mangled that'll be going. I've been workin on it most of the winter, now its her turn. Mike

well it's not much but all I had time for, but I put the cardboard "vent" on the back of my heater box....time to get ready and head out for a day of hockey and tailgating.

My truck is tucked away until after Easter, but I worked the garage cleaning up after winter. I put away my old fuel pump for the Dodge and I tossed the ends of my old drive shaft. In the process I spilled part of the tool box so I had to pick up bolts and grease zirks (45 deg ones after the front calipers). I had 10 bolts to pick up, 5 are marked L and 5 are marked R. Just in for a nap before I scrub the floor. I may take out the camera and post how nice it looks.

Edited by Dennis_MN
Spelling

I may have to do some work on my 52 truck now??? I just brought it home from a show and heard the distinct 'ping' sound what I believe to be a nut or bolt falling from the truck (whilst travelling along) and hitting the tail shaft. Hmm, where to start? Hopefully the job might be as easy as finding a bolt without nut attached under the truck somewhere!

Desotodav

post-7583-13585367465392_thumb.jpg

Happy IWOYCTD!

Had a blast with my kid today. We got the things we set out to do, done. Hope everything went well for everyone else too. :D

48D

post-580-13585367465818_thumb.jpg

post-580-13585367466885_thumb.jpg

post-580-13585367467578_thumb.jpg

post-580-13585367468462_thumb.jpg

• Like 1