In the pan

old rat 49

After much cleaning and eyeballing I am pretty sure that most of my leaking is from the oil pan not front and rear seals. Pulled and cleaned relief valve. It was quite clean actually. Made a block off plate for the no longer used mechanical fuel pump. Had a slight leak at oil filter line. The pan had a fair amount of sludge for a car tha sat for 3 decades and Who knows when it was last cleaned. Absolutely no sign of any metal in the pan. Quite surprized at that. My main question is this. Shoud I pull a rod cap just to check for wear or should I leave well enough alone as I don't hear anything knocking and should I drop the rear main cap and go ahead and do the rope seal. Was out running arround yesterday and put 36 miles on it with no problem and finally got to drive it at night. Those #81 bulbs in the dash make a world of difference and I love the lighted hood ornament/high beam indicator. Input appreciated.

Don; Oil pressure was running about 40-45 while driving. 20 or so at idle. Using a poor man stethascope ( a big screwdriver with the handle at my ear and the tip on the pump) I can here some noise I didn't like. Will pull the bottom plate off oil pump to give it a quick look.

Nothing wrong with your oil pressure. I think you are opening a can of worms.