OT- Goodbye for now, Phase Two-OT

randroid

Gents,

About six weeks ago I posted a tentative goodbye due to a Stage 4 cancer the VA found in my brain and now it's time to emulate Paul Harvey and tell you "the rest of the story":

I was sitting in the hospital a few days before my noggin was going to be pierced when a team of doctors came in and introduced themselves as the people who were going to remove my right kidney because of the Stage 4 cancer they'd found on it. That was the first I'd heard of it so I was in a bit of a shock over the affair because the survival rate of advanced cancer is about 3% and figuring I now had two of them to contend with my odds were roughly 0.09% for living through it. Okey-dokey, but the odds makers didn't take into consideration the power of a forum such as this and all the well-wishes I received, and today I was informed that there's nary a trace of the tumor in my noggin (other than the scar, which is fittingly shaped like a large question mark) and by it being gone and clean the odds were changed sharply upward in my favor. The kidney will be removed in ten days (March 19) and it appears there won't be any particular problems with that procedure either, so once it's down the toilet my survival should be right about 73% in my favor, and I'll take those odds while I spit in the devil's eye.

There's nothing more I can say for now without speculation but enough time has elapsed that I feel you deserve to hear something, especially when it isn't negative.

Thanks to you and all else who chimed in on my part; you have certainly raised my outlook more than just a nudge.

-Randy

Randy, that is great news. I'm very happy to hear it. I think you should try to figure out what the increase in Pigiron's efficiency will be when you're flying down the road minus the weight of one kidney. Here's hoping for all good news ahead.

kick sand at the red man!

That is hilarious Dezeldoc. Where did you get that?

Thank you for the update. Prayer changes things! SO good to hear.

OT I think it's wise that politics, raw humor, and religion are not allow on this forum, but a request for assistence of any kind, to me, is an acceptable exception.

This is the best news that the club members could have heard from you.

Best wishes on your recovery from the kidney surgery and hope to hear some stories of your driving your car and speeding down the highway without getting a tickets becasue is lighter.

Rich Hartug

Philadelphia, PA