Help Identifying Rogue Bumper?

1940_dodge

The main bumper looks to be stock 40 Dodge the upper part is an add on either a dealer installed accessory or an aftermarket piece. Bumper overriders were a popular option or accessory in the 40 to late 50's. There were many sources and configurations.

Google 1940 Dodge and select images, there are several that look similar to yours in design and installation which suggest that yours may be a MOPAR approved and or sourced dealer installed one.

The main bumper looks to be stock 40 Dodge the upper part is an add on either a dealer installed accessory or an aftermarket piece. Bumper overriders were a popular option or accessory in the 40 to late 50's. There were many sources and configurations.

Google 1940 Dodge and select images, there are several that look similar to yours in design and installation which suggest that yours may be a MOPAR approved and or sourced dealer installed one.

Do you have any links? I haven't seen one that has the two middle struts going across like that.

the bumper and the bumper overriders are synomous with the year but I tend to believe that the gravel shield was optional for that and earlier years and as such not as readily seen...not like the 41 and up where I believe the peice was standard feature..the front butterfly shape is less defined with the absence of the shield..

• 3 months later...

I've never seen those two bridge pieces in the center between the guards. I have seen more without the extra bumper side guards. Which reminds me, I'm looking for the clips that hold the license plate to the passenger side guard rail. Any ideas?

More than likely an aftermarket accessory someone added to boost the looks.