Dodge Data book 1951

ggdad1951

well I lost on the auction for what looked to be a good 1951 data book, hopefully if the winner is on here they will scan it in to be posted like I was planning on doing.

YIKES! It went for over $140!

I believe that's the book the sales person carried around. Had all the specifications of every truck model so they could match the truck to the requirements of the buyer. No bigger or smaller truck than the buyer needed.

• 7 years later...
On 2/18/2012 at 4:08 PM, ggdad1951 said:

well I lost on the auction for what looked to be a good 1951 data book, hopefully if the winner is on here they will scan it in to be posted like I was planning on doing.

YIKES! It went for over $140!

Yeah I know this is an old thread but I bought one of the Dodge Truck Sales Feature book 1951 off of ebay back in 2002, paid $45 for it.  

If no one has scanned one in as yet I could probably do so over the next couple of months.  It's actually a pretty neat book.

Brad

Edited by bkahler
  • Thanks 1

Mine is from 1951 and I believe it is slightly different in that it also has illustrations of the various models and features and more importantly also lists all of the prices for each of the models and all of the various options.  I'll pull it down off the shelf this evening and double check.  

The book itself is about 5" x 7", has a really nice blue cover with a spiral type binder.  My winning bid was $45 in 2002 :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tony WestOZ said:

That would be an interesting read.

I have a 53 Australian Truck sales manual about the same size.

Its  good too know how many boxes of fish or cases of apples I can load up.   

I don't think my version discusses boxes of fish or cases of apples!