need rubber with chrome locking lip for windows...

mackster

i am looking for the rubber to install my rear window. I know my old rubber had the chrome locking lip so i can put my trim back on it I see Rubber Steele has some under 1953 Desoto Part number # 70-2196-52.

Does anyone know if im on the right track? or I might just call Andy Bernabaum tomorrow and see if he has some! (I think he does) I was just looking for a good price and something that will work! :) thanks for your input in advance!

i am looking for the rubber to install my rear window. I know my old rubber had the chrome locking lip so i can put my trim back on it I see Rubber Steele has some under 1953 Desoto Part number # 70-2196-52.

Does anyone know if im on the right track? or I might just call Andy Bernabaum tomorrow and see if he has some! (I think he does) I was just looking for a good price and something that will work! :) thanks for your input in advance!

I think im going with Steele Rubber! :)

i would call DAVE at restortion specialties in wentern pa,,if he doesnt have it he will know who does,, sorry i dont have the number handy,,if you have a problem,,,reply to this and i will dig out his number and post it,,,i usually dont get on here till the wee hours of the AM because of my work schedule,, or e mail me directly,,, fstfish66@aol.com hope this helps :cool:

sorry i dont know what to tell u,,,ide check andy burnbaum,,or plydo,,,i have the same rubber on my 40 coupe,,and it has the slit for the chrome trim,,,but it was a done car when i bought it,,some one has it,,,,steel rubber ??? maybe e bay for generic cut to fit,,if such a thing exsists,,,,

post-2722-13585366495098_thumb.jpg

sorry i dont know what to tell u,,,ide check andy burnbaum,,or plydo,,,i have the same rubber on my 40 coupe,,and it has the slit for the chrome trim,,,but it was a done car when i bought it,,some one has it,,,,steel rubber ??? maybe e bay for generic cut to fit,,if such a thing exsists,,,,

I think i found some in Canada! im hoping for the best! :D it is expensive though!!!

The place Is called Dodge Truck Parts in Canada. They will order it and ship to me. About two weeks. But I can't find it anywhere else. I got front and rear rubber. So I won't have to wait another two weeks when I'm ready for the front windshield.

Edited by mackster