tomorrow is the day primer for me! :D

mackster

I opted for painting the grill and two coats of clear later What kind of chrome paint did you use? Sure looks good to me! Well done, will be waiting to see the final color.

(he painted it with silver paint, later post, to my eye it has a brushed chrome look, like a lot of modern water facuets. I LIKE IT!)

Edited by pflaming

I opted for painting the grill and two coats of clear later What kind of chrome paint did you use? Sure looks good to me! Well done, will be waiting to see the final color.

its not chrome paint. i did lots of reading about chrome paint and found out there is no good chrome paint right now in the market. so I opted for silver paint. its shiny as much as aluminum. so not really shiny but it does the work. the rest of the car isnt much shinier anyways... :)

I agree with the others Mack.......looks good.

I've noticed over time that not too many hot rodders and customizers

work on DeSotos, but they sure have used a lot of DeSoto grilles.....:D

Back in the 1970s I had a 51 DeSoto for a while.....and it had a similar

grille.

I agree with the others Mack.......looks good.

I've noticed over time that not too many hot rodders and customizers

work on DeSotos, but they sure have used a lot of DeSoto grilles.....:D

Back in the 1970s I had a 51 DeSoto for a while.....and it had a similar

grille.

thats a cool Desoto! same bumper too...man i love these bumpers. a kid just ask me where did i get me merc car....i had to school him on MOPAR. :D

I got new hubcaps for the desoto.

..Verrrry nice,mackster -Santa came early :)

1952 Imperial caps all except disc brake limo's.

• 3 weeks later...

got mi headlights working. got all lights working except the brake lights...but hey! im not complaining! the guy behind me while Im driving will! :D (i will get that done ASAP!) im finishing up all the wiring that i had ran away for over 10 months!!!! its time to button it all up! I got my door panels too...just gonna finish my window interior mouldings (window sills) so i can install it all... :D

post-394-13585373072_thumb.jpg