tomorrow is the day primer for me! :D

mackster

I will be putting the Desoto in Primer tomorrow. it will take us a whole day. got some youngins and my step dad to give me a hand. we will sand the complete car and grind all the welds....the car has been chopped four inches in the front and three in the rear. I hope to get it moving soon but I want to finish with the body work by SUNDAY. is that crazy?!?!?! well I think I am! :D

post-394-13585366156409_thumb.jpg

nothing crazy about setting a goal and sticking to it..sounds like you will have enough help for the task..remember..even if something is a miss after the primer goes on it can be addressed afterwards..primer always blends well ..getting the body shell protected against the elements is priority..

thank you guys for reading! :) i like the grill too! believe it or not it was a gift from a forum member here. Such a blessing to have many awesome friends here on the P15-D24 forum!

In the car we worked hard to do the body work on sat and ended up too late to shoot it sat so we waited until today to shoot it. it was quite alot of work. I loved hanging out with this guys. they enjoyed cars and helping anyone out! it was a great bunch of friends!I will attached some pictures to best describe the days!

Edited by mackster

I was feeling pretty good at the middle of the day sat! I felt we were going fast! until the compressor gave out on us! we tryied to get it going again but it never build up enough pressure for continous use. so we went out and rented a bigger one....60 dollars and a hernia later! (those things are heavy!) The compresor was gas powered and it was louder than a train! but it worked great!

post-394-13585366217919_thumb.jpg

post-394-13585366218572_thumb.jpg

post-394-13585366221198_thumb.jpg

my step dad helped me shoot the primer i got two trouble spots that I ended up going back on. but it looks great now! I dont know if i want to do anything else for a while on it! i will send out several pieces to the chrome shop and await for my income tax return to do some more work! :) thank you guys for reading. its alot easier to type and put pictures than to do all the work1 im tired. im happy and thankful for all that help1 5 people two days = one happy desoto. :)

post-394-13585366221952_thumb.jpg

post-394-135853662226_thumb.jpg

post-394-13585366223161_thumb.jpg

post-394-13585366223738_thumb.jpg

Edited by mackster

Good work ,macster.Looks like you had a great weekend.Thanks for posting the photos.:)

thank you! i really wanted to share with you all! this forum is my fav and I wanted to relate how much fun it was. for about 2 years i kinda let life get in the way, but now im back at this car again feeling energized to get it fully on the road soon! this year is the year! im on a mission!

P.S. Carne Asada with dirty hands taste best! im sure all of you guys know that! :)

And MoparAl! i hear ya mate! its a sin to be this warm right now! but in the summer we will pay the price! its gonna be bloody hot!

Am hoping to get my wagon in filler primer soon. But here in Pa the weather does not co-operate. My shop is heated but to paint I would have to leave heater run about 3 days to warm up body. At $3.70 a gal for oil, will wait for spring.

Glad to see your ride is coming along..........like that grille as well.

Am hoping to get my wagon in filler primer soon. But here in Pa the weather does not co-operate. My shop is heated but to paint I would have to leave heater run about 3 days to warm up body. At $3.70 a gal for oil, will wait for spring.

Glad to see your ride is coming along..........like that grille as well.

I hear ya pal! I sometimes feel guilty for all the friends in the cold areas worldwide! but then right after i just walk around in shorts and forget all about ti! :D

Nothing better than a bunch of friends, good beer and 7-8 lbs of carne asada to make a good day even better! looking good.

Amen to that Doc! this boys are big on carne asada! about 10 pounds! LOL! we didnt have any rice or beans so it was a manly bbq meat and more meat plus salsa tortillas and guacamole! :D

Instead of getting it plated(the grille) why not do it in a powdercoat?

The body work on this grill it's soo much it will not be worth it for a driver car. But maybe. I will have to get prices! And Frankie...ain't that the truth! Lol!