Sending unit

bob westphal

There is.. or was.. a sending unit on ebay in past few days. The Atwater Kent brand new unit is around $50. My Atwater unit works fine.

Did they lower their price because earlier this year, when I was looking for one, Atwater Kents price was about $100 for the unit.

Hmmm. Just got back in on this conversation. It had been a while since I saw that price. Evidently have gone up. It does seem awfully high for a sending unit.....but everything seems to be in the stratosphere nowadays.

I ended up paying $100 for a new clear plastic insert for the P15 hood ornament a while back. Not bragging.....kinda complaining. Finally figured that was the only way to get a new one these days. Guess I'm fortunate that right now have just enough play money to get a few things I want, not necessarily need. But that could change at any time. (Come to think of it, I cant recall even one person saying my hood ornament looks good, is that plastic part new?)

I know when the SS gets in the picture, they don't exactly make a person rich. So, glad you found a more affordable source.

Hmmm. Just got back in on this conversation. It had been a while since I saw that price. Evidently have gone up. It does seem awfully high for a sending unit.....but everything seems to be in the stratosphere nowadays.

I ended up paying $100 for a new clear plastic insert for the P15 hood ornament a while back. Not bragging.....kinda complaining. Finally figured that was the only way to get a new one these days. Guess I'm fortunate that right now have just enough play money to get a few things I want, not necessarily need. But that could change at any time. (Come to think of it, I cant recall even one person saying my hood ornament looks good, is that plastic part new?)

I know when the SS gets in the picture, they don't exactly make a person rich. So, glad you found a more affordable source.

Bob...I'm still waiting on a good deal on a plastic insert for my hood ornament. The one I have now is slowly falling apart. The light fixture is long gone, and I do want to get that back in there. I think driving with that insert lit up at night would really look classy. If I had a decent one I think my dad could machine some more of them.