Christmas present from Quiet Ride.

B1B Keven

• 3 weeks later...
is that the "right" place for it?

I think so. That's where I've seen them in pics.

I'm getting ready to install my Quiet Ride interior & was wondering about the interior light.

I wasn't sure about the center mounting with the seam there.

Looks great though, makes me want to get mine in.

Thanks! It helps to have two people. :D

You beat me!!!!:( Great Results! My light is in the center, but my truck is a 52. My sound deadening material came loose, so I have to redo that.

post-23-13585366329641_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

I think so. That's where I've seen them in pics.

I seem to recall my dome light being mounted directly overhead in the center but it's been a long time since apart.

the dome light installs centered over the rear window, about 3 inches above the back panel. This places the dome light in the middle of the original headliner curve, as the light attached to the original cardboard. The light was grounded by a 10 inch lead to the cab in the same line as the back panel push pins, towards the driver side. One of the small improvements I plan on doing is to mount this dome light on a sheet metal bracket rather than attach to the headliner, possibly making the bracket the ground strap.

From Bunn's Restorer's & Collector's Reference, a decent photo is on p.37, another is on p.137, and a brief view can be seen on p.134 & p.143.

large.smIMG_20161213_2234578.jpg.6406e5f2e2452eb3fdf05244c0e0c0a0.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised picture
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 2/6/2012 at 4:28 PM, pflaming said:

I took this for my records, so here it is. I'm going to keep it, I like it.

Dome light in Pilot-House.jpg

That looks like what I saw on TV a while back.

Easy install-sticky backside and installs almost anywhere. Battery powers it and only requires a tap to turn on or off. Easy replacement if anything happens to catch fire.

DJ

Just now, DJ194950 said:

" Easy replacement if anything happens to catch fire"

I have NOT replaced it, instead I installed a 10 gallon water tank under the truck and ran a line to a fire water sprinkler where the dome light was.. LOL 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pflaming said:

I have NOT replaced it, instead I installed a 10 gallon water tank under the truck and ran a line to a fire water sprinkler where the dome light was.. LOL 

foot pump to push the water out?

No, should have been more specific, used an aluminum beer mug, I have it under pressure, and full of beer, So it serves two purposes, a bit of refreshment on the road and fire protection when I'm chasing cats.