Fender Filler

I'm about to remove my front clip and when I reinstall it, I'll need to add fender filler. (I have the filler from Roberts catalog)

My question is this, does that hunk of rubber go all the way from the door to under the hood, or does it stop at the hood.

Could anyone who has the fender filler installed take a picture of it with the hood open? I'd sure appreciate it.

I have a couple of weeks yet before it goes on because I need to have the frame welded to re-attach the correct bumper first.

Thanks

Dennis Sullivan

Monticello, MN

I ran mine up past the front end of the fender mounting bracket. The ones I got from Roberts were only about 1/2 the width of the originals.

• 12 years later...

This is the way I installed my fender welt and I based it on the from pictures in Don Bunn's book.  The welt I used was from Dennis Carpenter ford restoration parts web side.  I used the 1942 - 1947 style.  It is a bit wider than the Dodge style and looks good.

IMG_1794.JPG

• Like 3