The rarest part ever?

townwagon

came in the mail today, so cool to have! Complete with crumbling paper work! Only thing missing is the tube and sprayer for the divider bar...kinda a bummer, and they weren't shown so....it is what it is, but the pump still works!

• 4 months later...

How about a Brush Guard? Considering letting it go...

DSC_0003.jpg

My truck has the driver and passenger visors as well but the passenger bracket is broken (both pieces there), the OE heater at the passenger feet..

DSC_1678.jpg

Also is this radio everyone is looking for? Mine has the one pictured above.. I may pass off some of this stuff since my truck is more of a chopped up custom and would suit resto-type trucks a bit better IMO.

The air ride seat was an option? Could have sworn that was stock. Oops, the mice and rust ate mine... Guess the header panel badge is now available.

I've got my original crank handle but no center bar. But found a one piece unit the other day in the garage that fits perfectly.

Still have the factory jack and its handle. Still kinda works but a floor jack works better.

Found a left side mirror bracket in the barn. Father in law's plumbing company had 5 48/49 Pilot House 1/2 and 3/4 tons, wonder what neat junk turns up next...

Found a left side mirror bracket in the barn. Father in law's plumbing company had 5 48/49 Pilot House 1/2 and 3/4 tons, wonder what neat junk turns up next...

you mean a passenger side (always get confused to L & R if you are in the vehicle or in front of it)? What style? I'd be interested if that is up for auction and is the hinge mount style like mine.

That little hat on the top flips down so it has two different base heights. Handle folds up and has a sliding lock when extended, much like the newer jacks and handles found in modern cars.

Thanks for posting the picture Mark. Scruffy is that the same as yours? That would confirm that they are OEM factory supplied Jacks. What ever happened to them all? Surely each one of our trucks must have come with a lug wrench, tire spoon and a jack.

Ya think?

Hank :mad:

Townwagon said many post earlier "The high end heater is fairly common in comparison "

What is that heater like?

I have one from my 3 ton that has a 4 sided heater core, like a box without a top or bottom. Fan blows in the middle, heat comes out all four sides.

The core is one piece, like four normal cores standing up edge to edge. Water goes in, circulates all around the 4 sides and comes back out.

Is this one common or a rather unusual one?

• 5 months later...

I was up at my brothers today and we took a walk out in the woods. I looked in a 1951 1 ton P/U he used to drive years back and couldn't believe it, a factory MoPar turn signal switch! That's a rare item to find in a B-series truck to say the least. KJ's truck has the same switch. This truck has both factory visors too. The visor cardboard was gone but the pinky beige bases were good and the chrome arms were still shiny chrome. Too bad the T/S switch arm had nasty chrome on it. I really need to get it and restore it to it's former glory!

I have the other optional very rare H-Duty style of Dodge truck turn signal switch. It's a very odd looking switch assembly.

Here are a couple pictures of todays find...

Bob

Here are some more pic's. The bar fits 1948-53. I compared early 1948 B and later1951-3 B trucks to be sure. They are all the same.

Bob

Here's hoping the tooling I made today will cut it to modify "normal" division bars into "rear view" division bars. I'm gonna try heating the division bar with MAP gas and see if it works, otherwise tomorrow I hope to bug the maintenance guy for an oxy heat up and try. Will keep advised.

I think you got it near 100%.. Good job!:)

Some more OE pic's

Here's hoping the tooling I made today will cut it to modify "normal" division bars into "rear view" division bars. I'm gonna try heating the division bar with MAP gas and see if it works, otherwise tomorrow I hope to bug the maintenance guy for an oxy heat up and try. Will keep advised.

Just curious about an update as to how your new tooling is working out. I have a division bar I would like to have modified for adding a rear view mirror.

Thanks!

Brad

Just curious about an update as to how your new tooling is working out. I have a division bar I would like to have modified for adding a rear view mirror.

Thanks!

Brad

see this thread:

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=34934

• 2 years later...

I made up my own dual horns - thanks again to David Anderson for the precise drawing of the mounting 'Z' bracket.

I will soon make up another set for the 53 coupe truck (12v this time). They may not be original, but it sure beats the ridiculous prices the last couple of original sets have sold for online.

post-3915-0-39408800-1446782577_thumb.jpg

post-3915-0-14145100-1446782590_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've never been able to find any reference to this as an option, so it may just be a random add-on over the decades.

My 52 B3B has a vacuum gauge in the spot where an ash try might go. it is labeled as a "Motor Minder."

Does anybody know about this part?

post-5965-0-29858700-1446812255_thumb.jpg

post-5965-0-75763200-1446812271_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That is a after market vacuum gauge.

Here is the pretty rare to find factory installed back lighted vacuum gauge in a dodge truck.....

post-302-0-62913100-1446825848_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

While doing some research, I found something in the factory parts manual that I don't think I've seen before.  Part 23-40-20 is listed as center window screens, with p/n 1275788 for 3/4" mesh, and p/n 1276576 for 1/2" mesh.  On some other trucks, usually flatbeds, I've seen expanded wire bracket-mounted on standoffs to the back of the cab over the glass, I assumed this was homemade but perhaps this was a factory or aftermarket option...