The rarest part ever?

townwagon

Where would you ever find one of those???

You need the cable and distributor too to make it rare!:D

Bob,

The tach drive cable had been disconnected from the distributor and left dangling down. The distributor that was in this truck appeared to be a normal non-tach drive one. A couple weeks later I found a tach drive adapter in a guy's garage that goes in the block and then a normal distributor fits inside of it. Its real close but not right. What does your distributor look like?

Here is the contraption I found.

post-1939-13585365866873_thumb.jpg

This is the best shot I've got of the tach drive distributor in my big truck..

Apparently someone thinks these horns are REALLY RARE. Gee....maybe I'll list one of my sets.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150731741447?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

PM me with what you'd want for a set.

What's a center bumper guard worth to all yalls? feel free to throw offers at me.

Just FYI, there are several sizes of the bumper guards. The 1/2 thru I think 1 ton trucks have a smaller size bumper than the larger trucks. I bought a center bumper guard from Mitchell Motors about 15 years ago thinking it would fit my 1/2 ton only to find out it was for the larger trucks. :mad:

Brad

There are 3 sizes. A set for the 23"engine (1/2 ton to 1 Ton) . And another set for the 25" engine (1-1/2 through 2-1/2 ton K) and a set for the 30" engine(2-3/4 ton through the 4ton Y) series trucks.

• Thanks 1

Found these and more on a Google search 8-$15.00. I need to find my box of them I lost!

• 4 weeks later...

And another tach-I guess they are not rare. But the next best is the Dodge truck butt mat for driving comfort if you don't have the optional air ride seat!:D

• 3 weeks later...

I have obtained a few different crank handles from trucks here in Oz. The top one (with the bezel on it and part number stamped in the shaft) in the attached photo will find its way into my 52 truck.

I have only ever seen one original jack though which is sitting in a fella's shed and not for sale unfortunately.

Desotodav

post-7583-13585366790956_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585366791307_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a Jiffy Jet Windshield Washer on my 48 B-1-B. I bought it from Reg Evans. Mostly complete but found everything else needed on eBay. I need to brush up on learning how to post messages and photos again. It's been awhile since my last post. I'll try to put a few more photos of accessoryies that I have on my truck if this post works.

Jeff

post-2236-13585366924202_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a Jiffy Jet Windshield Washer on my 48 B-1-B. I bought it from Reg Evans. Mostly complete but found everything else needed on eBay. I need to brush up on learning how to post messages and photos again. It's been awhile since my last post. I'll try to put a few more photos of accessoryies (sp) that I have on my truck if this post works.

Jeff

I wonder if there are any parts books that show what the component parts are and how it works (guessing it's vacumme operated?)

Would be nice to build them.

P.S. Your Blue Truck looks like you did an awesome job! Would like to see more piscs do you have an album on PhotoBucket?

Hank :)

I wonder if there are any parts books that show what the component parts are and how it works (guessing it's vacumme operated?)

Would be nice to build them.

P.S. Your Blue Truck looks like you did an awesome job! Would like to see more piscs do you have an album on PhotoBucket?

The car ones are foot pump operated. I have a p15 pump and a 54 pump but no remnants of the rest of the systems :(

Would it be difficult to duplicate the system?

Thanks,

Special lid and jar might not be too hard. Its the nozzle that's a little tricky. The car one is a V shaped deal that goes through the center windshield bar and squirts sideways. It also requires a little elbow pipe that goes through the dash into the inside of the windshield bar.

I'm sure there's any number of 1979 Toyota Corollas in junkyards nationwide that have those little "V" squirters. Maybe a hole drilled in the operable cowboy air conditioner vent would be a good place and would give you some adjustable variable range as well.

Thanks Ed,

well no one jumped on the Jiffy Jet on Epay for over a week so I jumped on the spendy grenade and will report back after it arrives in a week or so.

OMG! I'll take $600.00 for mine!

I paid $500, they listed another for $700!

wow....I got it for "whenever"...I may never install it (thanks work bonus to give me some play money!)!