time goes by so slowly?!?!?

mackster

well i have been sitting around too long on my desoto! i need a kick on the butt! so all you fellas line up and kick away!!!. . . Im getting my butt in line and Im gona work on my desoto again this up and coming year. but thats not all! Im starting this weekend! how is that for commitment! :) i will be bugging all of you! :D (beware!) on a happier note..Hows everyone doing today?! :)

what are you having to do to Hernado?..I'm a compulsive list make..not so much as a need to keep me on track..just to ensure it all gets looked at in time. I mark my progress by milestone..Electricl may be a mile stone, suspension work another..then you have brakes as a sub asembly of the car...you get a subsystem finished and it makes you feel good..you can eat an elephant if you take small bites..and of course given a bit of time to chew it..

I start it all and never finish anything...when it becomes hard for me I just move onto another section of work. After all there is plenty to choose from. I'm almost done with the electrical. Almost done with the engine work. Almost done with the welding etc. Etc. I need to stay focus and finish one thing at a time like Tim says and Frankie good to hear you are chilling homeboy! :)

it is easy to go to another section only after you hit a snag...by that I mean if you come to a point that you cannot continue to a part need or amaybe a special tool..then yeah, don't waste time sitting and waiting..start on another sectioon..but remember this is only a means to use time and focus you attention while you work out the logistics on the other problem...of course I can talk a good show...I have a couple in various stages and yet have another going...circumstances of time and money being in the right place at the right time dictates what and where and when also..one car sits because I was getting a bit angry and the anger was focused on antoehr person more than the car..so at that point it is best to just cover the project and walk away. I ma now over the anger and have gotten together what I need to complete the final subsystem..it is just that I am not ready to get back on teh cr..they eat nothing..none have a deadline..this what keeps it all fun..

Mackster, set your goals. Some short some long. I have always been good with finishing my projects because my dear wife is such a pain. She must know how it's gonna turn out. When we gonna ride. How does that go on. I have had projects that end so quick I don't know how I did it.:) You have to stick to your plan. Write one up. It's fun and gives you something to do.

Mackster, set your goals. Some short some long. I have always been good with finishing my projects because my dear wife is such a pain. She must know how it's gonna turn out. When we gonna ride. How does that go on. I have had projects that end so quick I don't know how I did it.:) You have to stick to your plan. Write one up. It's fun and gives you something to do.

Thank you Rodney! I have a new outlook for this coming year. The welding metal work is almost done. this coming year i will finish it all! :) All the structural welding is done. I will post some pictures this weekend. this coming month I will get the engine work done along with the wiring so i can turn it on. next the exhaust and the glass. Thats as far as I have planned ahead! :D

it is easy to go to another section only after you hit a snag...by that I mean if you come to a point that you cannot continue to a part need or amaybe a special tool..then yeah, don't waste time sitting and waiting..start on another sectioon..but remember this is only a means to use time and focus you attention while you work out the logistics on the other problem...of course I can talk a good show...I have a couple in various stages and yet have another going...circumstances of time and money being in the right place at the right time dictates what and where and when also..one car sits because I was getting a bit angry and the anger was focused on antoehr person more than the car..so at that point it is best to just cover the project and walk away. I ma now over the anger and have gotten together what I need to complete the final subsystem..it is just that I am not ready to get back on teh cr..they eat nothing..none have a deadline..this what keeps it all fun..

I hear ya. thanks for the Advice. i have hit a small bump in the road. i need extra window moldings to use as parts to finish my window moldings. but NO worries I will look for those on ebay as its not a necessity right now.

The 53 desoto looks like a car now. :D

I thought I had hit one of them snag points..I did but was able to get through it quick...seems the rear axle I picked up as a donor had a problem..bad part is I did not notice it till time to chase the threads on the wheel flange and boom..there it was...play in the axle...I had been handling it by the backing plates as is easier to grab and hold on to so never had my hands on the axle flange. inspection revealed it had spun a bearing in the past and wiped the axle housing..even though it had a new bearing, this fit was not right...long story short..man had another axle under another car and pulled it for me..delivered it less the posi chunk...I lost some time having to clean and paint another housing, and assemble me an axle out of two axles..,I got it done last night and is on the frame..newly rebuilt wheel cylinders, one had new shoes the first did not have auto adjuster and the other did so swapped these out and put on the 04 Dakota e-brake cables to make this connection to my original brake handle a snap..

I thought I had hit one of them snag points..I did but was able to get through it quick...seems the rear axle I picked up as a donor had a problem..bad part is I did not notice it till time to chase the threads on the wheel flange and boom..there it was...play in the axle...I had been handling it by the backing plates as is easier to grab and hold on to so never had my hands on the axle flange. inspection revealed it had spun a bearing in the past and wiped the axle housing..even though it had a new bearing, this fit was not right...long story short..man had another axle under another car and pulled it for me..delivered it less the posi chunk...I lost some time having to clean and paint another housing, and assemble me an axle out of two axles..,I got it done last night and is on the frame..newly rebuilt wheel cylinders, one had new shoes the first did not have auto adjuster and the other did so swapped these out and put on the 04 Dakota e-brake cables to make this connection to my original brake handle a snap..

sounds like you got it under control! and knowing you...you are always up for a challenge! :) I got the welding done as much as I can right now. the rest is just cosmetic. im going to start on the bodywork to make it all blend it so i can primer it. :)

...Interior looks good you lucky devil ...Post 1,111 and the year is...time to buy a lottery ticket ;)