Door Pulls (An alternative...)

Boy! This is different! Let's see if I can pull this off. Some of you may remember my post regarding the Roberts arm rests. Well, I was thinking that right now my main concern is that someone not get in my truck and pull on the window crank or door latch and break it. I also thought I needed to do something about the holes I'd punched in the door panels so... I thought of barn/gate pulls. Anyway, I found just the ticket at Home Depot. They're made by Stanley and they're pretty heavy-duty. The holes are 6 1/2" apart, whereas the door mounting holes are 6 3/4". So I spread the pulls on a vice and painted them brown to match the panels and I think they'll work just fine. In case you can't see, the Stanley part number is 77-3015. I'll post another pic after they're attached to the doors.doorpull.jpg

One of my concerns with "old" arm reast is that they may not hold up to the pulling, especially since my passenger door is real tight. I'm not really interested in "resting" my arms but I am concerned that someone doesn't pull off one of my door handles or window cranks. Here's what the final installation looks like. I can live with it...doorpull1.jpg

Glad you could use them bach4669,whoever you are. Here's what mine look like after I recovered them and installed about 10 years ago. This was my work truck until about 2 years ago. They have held up well. Wish I had.

:rolleyes:MVC-011F.jpg