OT the car we got from Calif

BeBop138

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some more Bill Hirsch rust paint down---the "Kid" has just about done with the blocking (again) I think we are getting close---dash and all pillars are ready for primer too----Nice to have it in paint before Oct. 31---the day it came home last year----would be a great feeling to be this far this soon......Lee

post-1652-13585370780561_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585370781094_thumb.jpg

Lee Looks great. You taking a night off and going to Hastings tomorrow? I'm hoping to.
Sat. is our Church festival and I put on a car show (St. Boni Car Show) this is our 17th year---I have been getting 225-250 cars---great food,games for the kids and some great bands---90th & 10 Ave in Bloomington. It`s over at 6:00 PM so won`t make it.......Lee

Thursday the "Kid" came and we got the rear quarters,dash,inside pillars and the tailgate frame area done in primer surfacer. We did use some etch primer on the bare metal and three more coats of primer. I will then drop it down on it`s tires for the first time in a year. We will block the roof and then shoot the final coats of primer. We will then block it the final time and off to his shop for final color---ya-hooooo.

post-1652-13585370910377_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585370911569_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585370912401_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585370913282_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585370914275_thumb.jpg

Tonite I got the car ready for the blocking and primer for tomorrow. Took out the steering column--has to come out in one piece----what a pain it would be if the engine was in---it comes out the bottom. Had to torch the pitman cause any which way it would not separate. Took the front clip off ( Houston we have separation) and put on some pegs with casters I made up last nite. Closer to the trip to the shop for paint.......Lee

post-1652-13585370997325_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585370997899_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585370998607_thumb.jpg

Sunday I got the clip apart and ready for final cleaning---hope to those parts ready by Thurs. for paint--The side panels with the frame rails and front radiator support. The new suspension by Church Brothers Racing will be very nice--along with the brackets for 98-02 Camaro rotors and calipers---the whole conversion is top notch. From the clip--to a pile of parts and three pieces of sheet metal---easier to work with:D

post-1652-13585371038528_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585371039425_thumb.jpg

post-1652-13585371040078_thumb.jpg

Lee,

Outside? Really? What if a bird poops on it?

-Randy

It was so nice outside the last few days---I had to blow the dust out of the garage and do some light blocking with a red 3M pad--she be back where it belongs....waiting for next week. I finished up cleaning the front clip sheet metal and wire brushing some of the bolts...little stuff, very time consuming:(:(:(----bad birdie no poopy:D

Been follerin this thread or some time,....impressive project,....duanting task,....good job. Cool you are doing it with your son.

I admit to mostly lookin at the pics so I may have missed an answer to the question, "what color?"

Been follerin this thread or some time,....impressive project,....duanting task,....good job. Cool you are doing it with your son.

I admit to mostly lookin at the pics so I may have missed an answer to the question, "what color?"

Off white or cream color roof---Mini Cooper---- Ice Blue, very light blue, almost white---his colors---I would have went with a cream color roof and burnt orange---light tan interior----his car his call----thanks for the kudos----hey not bad yourself---great ride you have......Lee