Nothing Like Red Rims

55 Fargo

Cleaned, sanded, and painted 2 rims today for the Fargo pickup. I did not bead blast as my bead blaster is having problems.

Used Tremclad Professional series rust enamel, they look not bad at all. These are just my temporary rims, using the older 70s Dodge dog dish caps, might put a trim ring too.

Now I have to wait let these cure for a while then mount tires, then on to the other 2 tires and rims.....

post-114-13585364425863_thumb.jpg

post-114-13585364426161_thumb.jpg

Those rims look good Fred. Are they 16 inch?

Do you know what sort of original hubcaps they ran on the Fargo trucks in your part of the world in 55? Our trucks ran a light gauge stainless steel plain looking hubcap with a few rings around it. I have decided to use the car version from the same era which had the brand embossed in it for my 55 Desoto truck. I have a spare set of white walls that I picked up a while ago which I reckon will look alright on the truck too.

Desotodav

post-7583-13585364427545_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585364428207_thumb.jpg

Those rims look good Fred. Are they 16 inch?

Do you know what sort of original hubcaps they ran on the Fargo trucks in your part of the world in 55? Our trucks ran a light gauge stainless steel plain looking hubcap with a few rings around it. I have decided to use the car version from the same era which had the brand embossed in it for my 55 Desoto truck. I have a spare set of white walls that I picked up a while ago which I reckon will look alright on the truck too.

Desotodav

Hi, and thanx, these are typical 60s,70s rims, and 15 inch. I have no interest in stock Fargo caps with old rims and 16 inch tires.

I might, if I was to find really decent OEM Fargo hubcaps and the 16 inch rims, but not likely, and at what price.

My plan is to use the 15 inch rims, and retro baby moon hupcaps.....

I have come across a few Fargo's here. My mate Arnold even has red rims on his Fargo truck. Earl has a blue Fargo which has the same hubcaps as his green Dodge (all 16 inch wheels). My 55 interior is similar to Earl's in his green Dodge. Our trucks here vary a little to their overseas relatives. I picked up a good set of Fargo 16" dog-dish hubcaps for a another friend recently for $51. We seemed to have a few Fargo's here in Oz.

Good luck with your project.

Desotodav

post-7583-13585364429284_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585364429587_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585364430123_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585364430543_thumb.jpg