Fuzzy dice poll

Don Coatney

Fuzzy Dice  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Fuzzy Dice

• I like to see fuzzy dice
    • Trash all fuzzy dice
    • I dont care

It's not fuzzy but it's definitely a die. ("c" intentionally omitted)

there's also a beer bottle opener and a multi-tip sears freebie screwdriver on their with the two keys I got with the car.

My theory; It's always a roll of the die that it will start, and if it doesn't, well I have the tool to fiddle with the carb, and if it still doesn't start, well then it's time to crack a beer and call for help.

:D

post-7609-13585364334862_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in High School, I had a Black 53 Chev Bel-Air, 6cyl auto, with red dome light, red dice hanging from the mirror, little red "balls" hanging across the top of my rear glass and 4-bar "flippers"! I may have been stupid, but I thought my car sure looked "COOL" when I opened my door at the local drive in movie theatre at night!!! My girl friend did too. Aahh, sweet youth !!!:D Cass, alias, littlemo.. PS I vote YES !!

In Michigan, it's illegal to have anything hanging from your mirror. People still do hang things there. Most officers don't bother with them, but some will write you up. When I get to a car show or cruise night, I'll hang my grandsons baby shoes from the mirror. When I retired, my cousin gave me a pair of fuzzy "boobies". wife won't let me put them in the car.I do have a couple pair of fuzzy dice also. Littlemo, I had red interior lights in my custom '59 Pontiac Catalina and my '99 Dakota R/T.

No thanks-not my thing. I think it's illegal here in California anyways-not that that would stop me if I did choose to have them or anything else.

Hanging the High School graduation cap tassel from the mirror was not local to California. My friends and I all had ours hanging from the rear view mirrors in Massachusetts.

I don't have fuzzy dice in my car currently, but this thread makes me think I need some. In the past I have had some, but I hung them on one of the dash knobs, not the mirror. The windshield seemed small enough without having something blocking my view.

Dave

When Dad and I were pulling stuff out of storage during the resto of his 51 convert we found his rearview mirror with the remnants of his tassel still hanging on it.

I voted yes. Here are my Saskatchewan Roughriders set. Our local Canadian Football League team. They were a lot nicer the last 2 years when they played in the Grey Cup (they lost both years) than this year when they are 4 and 12.

post-6543-13585364390181_thumb.jpg

post-6543-13585364391175_thumb.jpg

I used to have Donatello hanging from my P15's rear view when I was in HS. The string broke after hanging their 5 years and currently nothing hangs from my rear view.

I never understood the tassel from the mirror. I guess it is because I skipped my seniour year of high school and went straight to the local juniour college. I graduated from high school, and walked across the stage to get my diploma, shake the hands of the school board chairman, district superintendent, and school principal, but I only went because it was important to my grandparents that they see me walk. The only regret that I have about skipping my seniour year for college is that I didn't do it my juniour year too.

profile_donatello.gif

In W.Va. many years ago, people had squirrel tails hanging from their car

antennas. Maybe that was just an apple latchun a merry cun thing.:eek:

I had a squirrel tail on the aerial of my 49 and fuzzy dice on the mirror...when I advertised the car for sale the elderly couple arrived to pick up the car. The lady asked that the dice and the squirrel tail remain with the car as her grandaughter loved both of them when viewed in the pictures...so yes, in my younger days I do remeber the squirrel tails but we always flew them from the aerial. The man buying the car had choice of stock rims and hubcaps with full rings or the modern 5th Ave wheel with wire baskets..he like the baskets much better..

You mean you regret not skipping your junior year? That's hilarious.

By the way, I thought the fuzzy dice haters were going to clean up on this poll. I'm disappointed.

I had the option to go to the local juniour college my juniour and seniour years of high school. I passed on it my juniour year. I should have gone, gotten my AA, and not worried whether or not if I ever had a HSD. As I tried to explain to my dumb blonde gf at the time, a HSD in 1992 amounted to little more than an attendance certificate. I graduated from HS w/ people that scored so low on the ACT that it was doubtful that they could even read. They scored so low on the ASVAB that the Army didn't even want them. Not much use for cannon fodder in 1992. One guy in particular thought he was going to get a wrestling scholarship, but since he didn't even make it to the state tournaments, and even the NCAA has minimum eligibility requirements for non-revenue sports, he never went to college. I think he's in prison now for rape.

You cats are killing me:cool: having dice in the car is the coolest thing you can do. To me, it reminds me of how lucky I am. The first car I used them on was my 1955 Chevy belair 2dr HT I wanted this car so bad. I looked everywhere. I finally found one. I traded a 1941 Plymouth 4dr sedan for it. The sedan cost me 35.00 dollars now that is and was the luckiest day of my life. Thus the dice. I have them as door locks, wheel stems, hang from the mirror. When people see it, they like it. Then I tell them the story.

I still have my high school tassel hanging from my rear view mirror. In the car I got for grauating high school. No dice there as my parents would not like it and they don't fit. The Thunderbird has them as well, with lake pipes and dummy lights they belong there.

There are no dice in the 1940 plymouth coupe in fact there is nothing hanging from the rear veiw mirror. I had a little Mickey mouse that was in the car when I got it however Mickey vanished one day after my young cousin was in the car. I never asked what happened:o

post-55-1358536440994_thumb.jpg

post-55-13585364410583_thumb.jpg

I must make a correction. The 60 Thunderbird does not have dice in it. The only dice it has are on the door locks and wheel stems, it does not have hanging dice. I have them on the old radio down stairs. They were to dark blue so I never used them:p sorry

Nice Thunder Chicken, 1960 is my favorite year.