ggdad1951 truck project montage: FEF!

ggdad1951

Well then, just buy the guy an airline ticket, I'm sure he'd love to see your beautiful country.

Hank :D

Mark and I live in the same town. So his guy is somewhat local to me. Already spoke to Mark about it-I might be posting pictures of my freshly painted gate too.

• 2 weeks later...
I used 1/4" thk sheet rubber between the fender and running board. What are you going to do Mark?

Hank :)

yah, I've got some 1/8 rubber in roll form.

go ahead, finish it, then what you gonna do huh?..have you found your next project already?

my short list of unfinished:

floor pad

parking lights

headliner

tailgate

horn

roll down window issues

finish ducting for heater

finish freash air option install

finish doors (panels and restore armrests)

spare tire carrier install

dome light restoration and install

modify center division bar for rear view mirror (stock look)

fab a passenger side mirror

odd, doesn't seem like much, but I don't think some of that will be done till next year!

Next project: FEF's caboose and after that PHTD

• 2 weeks later...
That's looking very good. How about taking FEF out of the garage and showing the tailgate open and the black finish on the wood!

Hank :)

P.S. Are you planning to put a rear bumper on to protect that black beauty?

no taking him out today.....rainy out...

no bumper, altho I might add a hitch for the caboose.

my older sister and her husband stopped by yesterday to check progress, I then suprised them both with a quick ride....my sister laughing the whole time with the memories of riding in that truck was worth every penny spent thus far....now only need to give the parents rides!

THIS IS WHAT IT'S ABOUT! :D

What a proud moment in life for both you and your dear old Dad Mark - the sort of moment that makes it all worthwhile. I have watched the restoration of your truck FEF with great interest since joining this forum and have tipped my hat to you along the way on many occasions. Your level of enthusiasm, determination and quality workmanship is an absolute credit to you. I have no doubt that your ggdad is looking down upon you and smiling with great pride at what you have achieved with his old truck. Sir, I thank you personally for the journey. I have enjoyed every step of the way!!!

Davin (Desotodav)