251 Seized Engine Has Brokenn Free

55 Fargo

Thought I would post thye short you tube video showing me spin my formerly seized 251 engine:cool:.

I let the cyls soak in ATF and Seafoam, for 2 weeks, she broke free today, spins nice, and cyls look in good shape;).

Here is the video....

Congratulations, Fred! Glad to see the "take it easy and soak the pistons" worked as opposed to the "beat the crap outta it" to get it apart. The latter is sometimes necessary but should only be done after the patient approach has not worked!

Aw... I was looking forward to a video of the block' date=' upside down with the crankshaft out, and quick start in the cylinders, blowing the pistons 30 feet in the air.[/quote']

Not this time, maybe next time.......LOL

Unbolting the crank from the flywheel, was just a fun ole time.

I was able to remove clutch housing and fluid drive unit, which all looks in decent form.

I still plan to check things out, new rings, valve grind, shave head, clean her all up, and hopefully enjoy. Hey Don C, that Spit Fire head would look great on this engine.....

Fred......what actually is the Seafoam stuff?.....and congrats btw......andyd

Some type of concoction, probably has naptha mineral spirits in it.

It is used for a gasoline additive, to clean engines and fuel systems.

You can look them up, and see, what it is....

Fred here are the pictures. Joel

Thanx Joel, and if you are able to hang on to that head, will somehow come and get it sometime in the future..

Those heads look geat on a freshly painted engine...thanx again

Fred that head looks like it will clean up nice. Maybe we will just start handing it off to anyone going north, and relay it to you. Do you know who is the closest forum member to you on this side? We might be able to get it close enough for you to pick it up without having to go too far.

If you or anyone else can use anything else off that engine I will be glad to take it off. This block is cracked so I will be scrapping it, unless someone wants it. I have another 251 coming in the next few weeks, and it is supposed to be in "running" condition, and I will post pictures when I get it. Joel