Fall Color

I woke this morning to a nice cool crisp, yet sunny, fall day. The first day in over a week with sun and no rain predicted. So I fired up the Ol' Dodge and grabbed my camera to go hunting for fall color. Things are begining to change around here but it'll probably be another week before we hit peak color.

I swung through Mickey-D's for a little breakfast on my way out of town and couldn't resist stopping next door to get my first pic of the day just for Hank.

PA012992.jpg

As you can see, the fall color is just getting started good. Hopefully next week I'll have a chance to repeat this trip.

PA012994.jpg

PA012998.jpg

I think this one will be quite nice once the trees in the background change.

PA012999.jpg

PA013000.jpg

PA013002.jpg

The countryside looks sweet! Funny the truck looks timeless and beautiful in every one of the pictures except for the one of Farm and Fleet.

Thanks Merle!,

Hank :)

Whatcha mean Hank? F&F's been around since 1955 :D They're an icon 'round here. I know your jealous 'cause you don't have one out there on the west coast. ;)

historical_store.jpg

The only thing that could make those pictures any better is if you had one of those monster whitetails from your neck of the woods on the tailgate. Butch

Butch, I just missed a couple of Does on this trip. I just saw them as they ran out of the shadows along side the road and scampered across an opening and into the trees. They were gone before I could even get my foot on the brake pedal. Just glad they ran away instead of across the road. Although it's possible that they had just crossed the road before I rounded the corner.

Yes, you know I'm jealous 'cause we don't have a Farm & Fleet out here on the west coast. ;) But then I do have a beautiful daughter, and 3 grand children in Wisconsin. Today, I'm sixty four played the Beatles tune on youtube, Rode my MTB to the beach, caught some waves by the pier, went home a swam some laps, took a Jacuzzi and took my wife out for Thai food. She got me one of these.

productpage_large.jpg

It's mounted on my Carbon road bike and will fit on the windshield of my B3B.

historical_store.jpg

I still rem inis about my hardware store too Merle, almost everything changes like the leaves.

Life is good right now and I'm thankful for the simple things,

Hank :)

Edited by HanksB3B

You're just full of useless trivia, Don. Good for a chuckle. :D

Did you know that because you have one?

I hear originals are going for big bucks on the bay.

I have been smelling paint fumes most of this morning while staining my deck. I think I copped a buzzzz. Might add some lead to my pencil:eek:

I hear originals are going for big bucks on the bay.

I have been smelling paint fumes most of this morning while staining my deck. I think I copped a buzzzz. Might add some lead to my pencil:eek:

Don't worry, your bride has a pocket full of pebbles to add to your shoes to make you limp! :)