Carlise 2011

Rodney Bullock

I went up to Carlise Thursday and had a very eventful trip. I saw alot of stuff however there was just one thing that caught my eye. I have been dreaming about it ever since. I can't get my mind off it. I will get me one of these before it's all over. It's not over priced and it's very stylish. You all have seen these many times but never gave them a second look. It's not a mopar so don't get to sore:mad: You must admit they are nice. 1954 Lincoln Capri

post-55-13585363846289_thumb.jpg

post-55-13585363846897_thumb.jpg

..I believe you'll find that is a 1953 Lincoln Capri,Rodney.The 1954 trim was a bit different.Very nice cars with quite a history in the Carrera Panamericana racing in the early 50's.I owned a 1954 Lincoln Capri 2 dr.It was very good on the highway :)

Here's one for you Rodney. It's a 55 though and requires a bit of a drive. I saw it in our local buy/sell sight awhile back and thought it was pretty cool, but as always there's either; never enough cash,time, or space. :Dhttp://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/1955-Lincoln-Carpi-Hardtop_12404603

Hemmings Classic Car Magazine recently had a really good article about the '50s Lincolns. According to it your pictures are a '53, which is my favorite, BTW. Yeah, they are cool!!!

I was looking at an old movie last night and suddenly realized why I like the old lincolns so much, The movie "The long hot Summer" with Orson wells,Lessremick and Joanne Woodward. In the beginning of the movie the two women pick up Newman in a Converible 1953 Lincoln Capri. It must have made a lasting impression on me:) or was it Lee Remick;)