OT - The Old and the New - OT

RobertKB

Not one of my three flatties but I took my '63 Ford :eek: Fairlane on a car club event today and put on about 180 miles. Weather was in the high 80's which is most unusual for this area at this time of year. Took some pictures of the car. One shows it with old machinery, one with newer machinery, and one showing just countryside. I live on the prairies but as you can see in the first picture, the Rocky Mountains are not far away. The Fairlane, powered by a 260 V8, is now just 247 miles shy of 100,000 miles. I hope to turn that this year and will make sure I have my camera. Motor has never been opened and except for the blue being repainted years ago, she is a good example of a survivor. It's not a flattie but still a very pleasant car to drive.

Fairlane with old thresher and hay rake

IMG_1720.jpg

Fairlane with modern wind turbines

IMG_1735.jpg

Parked just outside an old country cemetery

IMG_1743.jpg

Edited by RobertKB

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a lovely day. Every couple of years we take my parents on holiday around BC, Alberta and on some occasions Sask. Being that my family are farmers my Dad and I love going to the prairies and seeing the cropping and checking out the equipment dealerships. We were supposed to go this year but had to cancel due to my wife's back surgery. Hopefully next year

We had a 64 2 dr sedan, with 200 6 and three speed. We bought it in 1967 for 500 bucks with about 32000 miles on it, traded it on a 66 Mutang in 71, with about 60K and got 850 against the Mustang. Of all the cars that have been through our stable, that fairlane was near the top as far as a favorite. Trouble free, cheap to run, only problem was the wife coudn's then and still drive a standard.