Possible Dual Exhaust for PLYWOOD

Charlie Olson

Hi All, this past week, at the annual WaveCrest Woodie Meet, I won a nice pair of MagnaFlow Performance Mufflers. I am thinking about putting a dual exhaust system on PLYWOOD. I can either split the current exhaust manifold or find some headers. Does any one of you have any suggestions, ideas or input about a good way to set up a dual exhaust system, on a stock P15 Six? I plan to have some nice chrome tips out the back and was wondering if placing them on the outside or the inside of the bumper guards would look the coolest, to most people. Any dual exhaust input appreciated. I do know I want to have a cross over pipe to give it that deep rumble sound. Thanks. Pics of WaveCrest to follow, next week.

Charlie, satisfied customer of the Wood Car Company

Perhaps Abe can split some wood and make you a log manifold. Might get some good cherry wood from GW. My dad once told me that he and his brothers made a gas engine from wood. However once they got it to run it soon went up in flames. They were lucky it was not a total loss as they were able to skewer some knockers about the same as pictured in the link below.

http://networkedblogs.com/cPEon

Charlie, I will have to use a split manifold setup due to the RHD steering box getting in the way between the oil & fuel pumps but those Fenton cast iron headers that Langdons are repoping would be the perfect start to a twin exhaust setup, they aren't cheap but appear to be good quality and being cast iron will last for ever.......I'd love to have a set........but my split system should work o/k, pic attached.........regards, andyd

post-1938-13585363745504_thumb.jpg

Perhaps Abe can split some wood and make you a log manifold. Might get some good cherry wood from GW. My dad once told me that he and his brothers made a gas engine from wood. However once they got it to run it soon went up in flames. They were lucky it was not a total loss as they were able to skewer some knockers about the same as pictured in the link below.

http://networkedblogs.com/cPEon

I just found this. Coke cans can have a life after.