Window glass

Joe Flanagan

I need to replace all the door windows in my Plymouth and was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what it cost to have a window cut. I'll be going to the glass place this weekend to talk with them about it but in the meantime I just wanted to get an idea of what an individual piece is going for. As you know, there's nothing fancy about these. Flat glass with maybe one rounded corner.

The last few pieces I had cut were $50 each. That was a side window on my coupe and 1/2 the windshield. However that place used to be a lot cheaper and I was shocked it had gone up that much so I'm planning to shop around next time.

I got all my flat glass from Bobs Classic auto glass. He sells on eBay but you can order direct from him as well. He even makes a 1 piece windshield for our cars. http://www.bobsclassicautoglass.com He has the one piece custom made.

Heres Bob cutting one of my windows...

post-6527-13585363751075_thumb.jpg

He aslo got me a deal on my front and rear gaskets from Steele. Wherever you get your new glass I wish you good luck....

post-6527-13585363749013_thumb.jpg

post-6527-13585363750814_thumb.jpg

Don, thanks for posting that link. I learned a lot! This forum is great if you want to increase your knowledge. I like to try and learn something everyday and this sure qualified for today.

Joe, good luck with your glass project. Your car is getting closer to being on the road!