OT Shipping parts via GreyHound

TR Waters

Many years ago when Greyhound was an Interstate & regional bus company their shipping was the fastest and most reliable form of shipping there was.

Things changed when they closed the local terminals..

My good friend has used their shipping service in recent times for large items, fenders, hoods & doors... It usually takes many weeks, in some cases three months for the parts to show up because the parts travel on "space available", therefore they get put aside from terminal to terminal..

Their customer service people are not much help, they can track the parcel but can't tell you when it will leave the terminal it is sitting in.

My friend learned the hard way to not ship parts during the holiday season from Thanksgiving through Christmas..

I've had several big things (like some heavy old doors for a 36 Plymouth) shipped greydog this past year, and it's dang sure cheap, and they arrived just as quick (within a week of having been shipped), as some of the stuff that comes UPS off E-bay merchants that claim they have designated shipping days, and your stuff just happened to have been bought just too late to have it shipped right out, ect.. A lot, no matter how it's shipped, depends on how quick the shipper gets off his a$$ and gets the stuff to the terminal.

Where it has to be picked up any place like at the Tulsa bus terminal, located downtown, a guy probably would want to be sure and do it in the daylight, judging from some of the spoonbills I saw that routinely hang around there panhandling, and worse, and that's all I have to say about that....... Joel

Edited by JoelOkie
spelking