Fulton Sun Shade #800 Will it fit?

White Spyder

I have a friend that has 2 Fulton Sun Shades model #800. Will theses work on a '48 Chrysler Windsor? a internet search I did also turned up a copy of installation directions for a Chevy. The most important part being the measurement of the bottom of the bracket from the bottom of the drip rail. Any one know this measurement for the above mentioned car?

Below are 2 photo of the bracket as I test fitted it and they seem to fit but it would be nice to hear from the experts!

post-7706-13585363624607_thumb.jpg

post-7706-13585363625565_thumb.jpg

I don't think there's a standard measurement for the Fulton sun-shades. The measurement is more to ensure the shade is level and even on each side. On mine, the first screw-hole for the bracket is 13" from the end of the drip rail, and the shade is cranked all the way up.

post-400-13585363660591_thumb.jpg

They are adjustable, mine had 49 Ford marked on it, I made the adjustmetns ,and it fit.

Measure, adjust, and check many times, before you drill bracket holes. Have a someone help you, and use blankets to protect your paint and window, while your test fitting.....PS I did mine all by myself, a little tougher, but not bad...

Click on the RETURN TO P15-D24 link on the above tool bar. Read everything there. In the "options" section you will find complete installation instructions for Fulton sun visors thanks to past forum member Norms Coupe.

Found it. It is for the #700. The one I have is the #800. Any one know what the difference is between them? I know that they are adjustable and the #800 seems to fit. We did find out that the #800 will not fit a 53 Chevy truck. The rake of the a piller causes the side bracket to get in the way of the door. So maybe the difference is the side brackets.