oil rings

tctrkca1

tctrkca1,

The Cast one is most likely the Compression Ring - it goes in the Top.

The 3 pc. Ring on is an Oil Ring it goes under - or on the Bottom.

The reason is the Compression Ring must perform its Compression Strokes

as a Piston Travels Up or Down and the Oil Ring provides just enough lubrication to the Cylinder Wall as this takes place.

I'm not the best technical explainer around but take my word for it.

Remember to be sure to install the Connecting Rods with Oil Port Facing the Way they came out The Valve Side of the Motor and the Slotted Side of the Piston Facing AWAY from the Valve Side of the Motor.

The Oil Port Feeds Oil to the Oil Ring and Valve Ports. The Smooth Side of the Piston is the Thrust Side of the Piston and Faces the Valve Side of an Engine. Carefully observe how each one comes out of your engine and use the same connecting Rods in the same Cylinder that each one comes out of while re-assembling your engine. Its best to have a Service Manual on Hand to keep other important things like Ring Clearance Specifications and Torque Specifications for Connecting Rods etc. on hand for reference.:D

Good Luck you can do it!

Tom

The multi-piece oil ring goes in the bottom groove same as in the original MoPar "Oil Master" ring set.

2 compression rings in the top 2 grooves

1 single piece oil ring in 3rd groove down and finally ..

In the bottom groove install the multi-piece oil ring

Bob

I'm assuming 4 ring pistons.