Golden State POC Meet, Pacific Grove CA

Drdialtone

I wonder with mods like that what kind of power you can get out of one. Whenever we want Dad and I could buy a 30U off a neighbor. It was his first car and has been buried in his garage for decades but its in decent condition. He also has a 55 New Yorker 4dr with a hemi, air, power windows etc and used to have a 39 ply 2dr(his second car) and a 49ply fastback

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder with mods like that what kind of power you can get out of one. Whenever we want Dad and I could buy a 30U off a neighbor. It was his first car and has been buried in his garage for decades but its in decent condition. He also has a 55 New Yorker 4dr with a hemi, air, power windows etc and used to have a 39 ply 2dr(his second car) and a 49ply fastback

Forum member moparmontana made enough ponies with this Dodge 4 banger to push his car to over 135MPH on the salt.

post-2-13585362472593_thumb.jpg

post-2-13585362472942_thumb.jpg

Forum member moparmontana made enough ponies with this Dodge 4 banger to push his car to over 135MPH on the salt.

Don I suspect he's done a little more than I'd want to do to the 30U. It does look like his 4cyl is also a 14 23 split.

Hey Ed, we were talking with a fellow who is way into 4 cylinder stuff especially the tour.

Mark Aubuchon and I were talking about the POC and the WPC and the "stir" some of us seem to cause whe we show up. What body style is the U? We were talking about what The POC 4 Cylinder tour needs is a Plymouth hot rod roadster or speedster. Was talking to Dennis Williams and he has possesion of a three carb intake for a plymouth 4 banger. Yep its been modified to take two down draft carbs as well as as the center mounted updraft. Linkage might be a challange. We could have old moose weld us up a dual exhaust, slap a 5 speed behind it, mount up some radials on some artillery rims and take the tour for a ride......

The U by me is a sedan I believe 4dr. The garage is so full of stuff I've only ever seen the back of the car. The rest is buried. At one time he sold it and someone else repainted it and fixed up the interior and then he bought it back.

Mark, Congrats on the first place trophy! Well deserved. I got a question....could you tell me the part no. on those stainless pieces that go on the bottom of the front fenders. Mine are missing.

Thanks, Tom

According to my parts book, P12 with running boards used Left: 937050 and Right: 937049

Now is it just a rumour or can we all send our cars to Mark to restore seeing as he has the experience now..........lol..........laugh, Mark......come on, laugh.....lol..........lol..........o/k, will only send my car........regards, andyd

How about if I just come to NSW? I've always wanted to visit! :)

Mark........if you or any other guys from this forum ever get down here there is a standing invitation for free accomodation and feed..........I would be honoured to have you guys stay for a while.........Andy Douglas

Mark........if you or any other guys from this forum ever get down here there is a standing invitation for free accomodation and feed..........I would be honoured to have you guys stay for a while.........Andy Douglas

I just might take you up on that! My wife and I speak often of going to Oz. Once we get out of this apartment and buy a house again, we will start saving up to go to Oz.

Let me know if you ever decide..........lol..........andyd...btw I am on the Oz east coast, 2/3rds up between Sydney & Brisbane......Sunny Sth Grafton......andyd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

In case you are not following the thread about the restoration of my '41 here is a link to a video with clips from the POC Summer National Meet in Pacific Grove.

Please share the link with anyone who is mentioned in the video, but may not follow the online forums.

Thanks for all the support I have recieved the past several months. I really appreciate it!

Mark

Hi,

In case you are not following the thread about the restoration of my '41 here is a link to a video with clips from the POC Summer National Meet in Pacific Grove.

Please share the link with anyone who is mentioned in the video, but may not follow the online forums.

Thanks for all the support I have recieved the past several months. I really appreciate it!

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Saw the video - great work as usual.

There is a custom bright red P15 in a couple of scenes in the video - do you have any information on it?

Thanks