Golden State POC Meet, Pacific Grove CA

Drdialtone

Yes it is true. The 1941 P12 in my videos was judged 1st place. I was just happy to get if completed in time for the meet. There are a few details to finish, but by-in-large the car is done. I did trailer the car because the trip involved a 250 mile drive over a fairly steep pass. I didn't want to risk the drive with only 25 miles on the engine.

I will post a video soon. Thanks for all the iterest and support you have provided over the past few months

Mark, Congrats on the first place trophy! Well deserved. I got a question....could you tell me the part no. on those stainless pieces that go on the bottom of the front fenders. Mine are missing.

Thanks, Tom

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great News Mark, the pics look good, congratulations on a job well done........Andyd

Thoroughly enjoyed the meet and it was great to see Mark's 41 take 1st Place! I remember when he brought just the chassis to Santa Maria. I was amazed then at the meticulous attention to detail. Seeing the final product was even more amazing. Great work on a great car and thanks for the videos! Entertaining and informative. Congratulations!

Oh, and here are a few pictures of this remarkable car!!!

http://gallery.me.com/drdialtone#101395

Looking at the pictures, I’m surprised to see the spare in the trunk. The spare in my 41 business coupe is behind the seat, under a canvas tarp. Or is yours an “opera coupe” with the jump seats?

Good to hear all had an enjoyable weekend.Congratulations to Mark on the award he received in recognition of the meticulous work he's done in restoring his car :)

Now is it just a rumour or can we all send our cars to Mark to restore seeing as he has the experience now..........lol..........laugh, Mark......come on, laugh.....lol..........lol..........o/k, will only send my car........regards, andyd

Lotsa hardware captured by forum members this weekend on both coasts. Next year the WPC meet is in Kalamazoo. We kinda shook them up with 6 P15s maybe next year we can really shake em up with some more P, and some more D and there was only one truck (a 40 Plym) so you truck guys might turn out also.

Yes! I was grinning ear to ear with my 2nd place considering Mark was 1st. Of course, I knew from the get-go that Mark had it in the bag and deservedly so. Really hope I can make Kalamazoo. K-A-L-A-M-A-Z-OO.... I got a girl.... in Kalamazoo.... Actually I have one right here in Santa Maria, but I'll bring her with me :)

Lotsa hardware captured by forum members this weekend on both coasts. Next year the WPC meet is in Kalamazoo. We kinda shook them up with 6 P15s maybe next year we can really shake em up with some more P, and some more D and there was only one truck (a 40 Plym) so you truck guys might turn out also.

Hey Dave, good to see you around again. Nice to see the old girl still can turn heads among the judges.

The WPC club does their show a bit differently. Participient judging, each person entering a car must judge all classes including your own. No apparent problem with modified cars. I was very surprised I got a national 3rd place amongst cars that were more factory like than mine. Especially since my car is now ten years into its current edition and showing its age.

Cogratulations to all you west coasters.

Folks, here are the final pictures from the event:

http://gallery.me.com/drdialtone#101406

Nice photos!

Looks like you missed getting shots of the 32 PB roadster with its custom dual intake and exhaust. But, on the other hand I think I only took about 3 photos total of the entire event, so I have no grounds to criticize.

Nice photos!

Looks like you missed getting shots of the 32 PB roadster with its custom dual intake and exhaust. But, on the other hand I think I only took about 3 photos total of the entire event, so I have no grounds to criticize.

This one?

post-7401-13585362471859_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drdialtone
File not attached

The picture is dark and I cannot tell if it is a 4 banger but I can see that the top run on the exhaust manifold appears to run the length of the engine. It also appears to have dual carburetors.

It looks like its split 1 4 and 2 3. Odd. Hopefully someone who was there can add to this.

This one?

Yes. I guess I missed the photo earlier.

It looks like its split 1 4 and 2 3. Odd. Hopefully someone who was there can add to this.

Yes, it is the original 4 cylinder engine and it was split 14 and 23. I'm not sure of the firing order for the 4 cylinder Plymouths but I think 1-2-4-3 is fairly common for a 4 banger. So I guess a 14 and 23 split might made sense to have equal impulses on each split. It did sound good and ran along very well.