Golden State POC Meet, Pacific Grove CA

Drdialtone

Day two of the POC meet in Pacific Grove CA. First event for me and it's been a HOOT! Tod Fitch lead a group of 25 or so Plymouths on a drive down HWY 1 to Big Sur yesterday, and a back roads winery tour of Carmel Valley today. I think the expected turn out is 40 cars for the judging tomorrow. Here are a few pictures so far...

http://gallery.me.com/drdialtone#101384

I'll post more when I have a faster connection! Enjoy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics......did Mark get there with his 1941 Plymouth Coupe?........this was the one that the videos were done of.........anyway thanks for the pics........andyd

Great pics......did Mark get there with his 1941 Plymouth Coupe?........this was the one that the videos were done of.........anyway thanks for the pics........andyd

Yes. Trailered it as he has only driven it 25 miles yet and wasn't sure about taking a 250 mile round trip drive yet.

Sorry to be. Brief but the touch screen on this cellphone is small.

Todd, if you get a chance give him my best wishes for the judging from Australia.........lol.........Andy Douglas

not being disrespectful or such but it strikes me as a bit odd that there is more chatter here on this forum than on the POC forum concerning this event..and of course we have the Plymouths to Vermont thread also..

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the POC forum?

I will venture that perhaps it partially stands for Plymouth and Chrysler...

Plymouth Owners Club

Google it.

Hey Grouchy,

I DID Google "POC Forum" before I asked, and I got three pages of Power of Chaos Forum, Point-of-Care Testing Forum, and People of Color Forum.

Jeez Louise, lighten up! :D

I in no way can see how anyone could get the sites you quoted by typing in "Plymouth Owners Club" as Don clearly took the time to type out...if nothing else, you could at least copy and paste if typing is a great bother..

Tim,

In your first post you mentioned the "POC Forum".

"POC Forum" is what I Googled originally.

My results included three pages of Power of Chaos Forum, Point-of-Care Testing Forum, and People of Color Forum.

Subsequently I decided to ask for assistance.

Don responded with the "Plymouth Owners Club" answer, which I appreciate. However, he added "Google it" to his response, which I interpeted to mean 'Next time, do your homework and check Google first '.

If I misinterpreted this response I apologize.

Don, sorry I called you grouchy.

Tim, sorry I didn't know what 'POC' was.

You did good. I am grouchy! But googling POC forum should have sent you where you needed to go.

If you type "POC forum" into Google you don't get it. At least not in the first three pages of results. At least that is my result as of this instant in time.

If you type "POC forum" into Google you don't get it. At least not in the first three pages of results. At least that is my result as of this instant in time.

As to be expected Tod you are once again correct. My google of POC as well as POC forum produced the (close but no cigar) Porsche Owners Club as the most close response. Sorry for the incorrect response.

I guess official announcements should come from the people who had their cars judged or in the Plymouth Owners Club's magazine, but if I recall the awards portion of the banquet a first place award in Group 2 to a 1941 coupe whose owner resides in California's "Central Valley".

I guess official announcements should come from the people who had their cars judged or in the Plymouth Owners Club's magazine, but if I recall the awards portion of the banquet a first place award in Group 2 to a 1941 coupe whose owner resides in California's "Central Valley".

Yes it is true. The 1941 P12 in my videos was judged 1st place. I was just happy to get if completed in time for the meet. There are a few details to finish, but by-in-large the car is done. I did trailer the car because the trip involved a 250 mile drive over a fairly steep pass. I didn't want to risk the drive with only 25 miles on the engine.

I will post a video soon. Thanks for all the iterest and support you have provided over the past few months

post-7662-1358536244379_thumb.jpg