OT National Collector Car Appreciation Day

Charlie Olson

Yep! This coming Friday, July 8, 2011, is National Collector Car Appreciation Day; 2nd annual. More info here at the SEMA site:

http://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2010/21/collector-car-appreciation-day-grows

Here in PHX AZ, there are going to be two nights of car shows and parties with live bands playing, to commemorate this yearly special day for all of us car nuts, gear heads and old iron fans. PLYWOOD will definitely be making the scene.

HAPPY JULY 4TH!!!!!

Charlie Olson, unofficial SEMA rep for The Wood Car Company

A gear head is a person who is more knowledgeable about the use of a wrench than they are with proper dining etiquette. If ever any one was a gear head, it would be.....well, let's not get into that.

So I guess that means you are not a gear head:eek: Must not be me as I know how to eat!

Trying to live within my financial means, I searched Craig's List for a private room to rent for the three day weekend of Collector Car Appreciation car show parties closer to the two events than I currently live. I was lucky enough to find a senior age gent who is also a car guy, who is willing to let me stay at his house for $20 per night. The best parts are the pool and the parking. Now, I'll have less than three miles to drive to both events in the 110+ heat.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/roo/2475729388.html

• 5 weeks later...
Correct, I am actually an "old iron fan". Hell, a pig knows how to eat, but that doesn't mean a person would want to sit next to them.

Actually a pig is a very clean animal. If you have done any research you would know that. I say this from experiance as pictured below is my son holding a pig in my living room. I am really not sure If I would want to sit next to you as I have no experiance with an "old iron fan" in my house. I am not sure you know what fork to use or when to use it with proper dining etiquette and such.

Pig2.jpg