1950 dodge truck green

Hi guys,

I am planning on painting the cab of my 1950 b2b.

It is green but it is a different green than is on the interior.

I would like to paint it the original paint code.

Where would I get a paint code and would a body shop be able to mx that code ?

Thanks Ray Morris

P.S.

Wheels... Dodge truck cream ?? Is that kinda yellow or more of a white ?

The Ditzler code for the 40-53 Dodge Truck Dark Green is #40028. Most paint stores can't seem to cross reference this number but you might get lucky and find one that can.

The wheel color was also called Sun Lemon Yellow and does have a yellow tint to it. #80485

If you have a part with very good original paint left on it, can you take it to a good auto paint store and let them use their spectrometer (or whatever it's called) to get a match? I think the old paint codes are not used any more. Can you find a later model color that is real close to the original that maybe they can find numbers for? For example, I use 67 Ford yellow on my 47 Plymouth - they can mix that by code. Just a thought.

Then go to a good paint place. When I was painting one of my trucks the factory color I was told the old codes were useless on the modern paints, and they could not cross referance the old numbers. But the clerk called PPG and got a new mix code for the old color based on the factory name for the color and the model year. 20min later I had my paint, and it looks just like the paint a friend had done 20 years ago with the old numbers.

This was back in 2002, so maybe they have access to that info at the stores now, I don't know.

Good luck!

Eric

Guest jtw3749c

When I went to a local paint store to see if they had the code, I was told he couldn't cross it. So I contacted PPG direct. I was told by them, that the only thing that had changed with the paint codes are the prefix letters, such as DTL, DYL, DQE or DAR. The numbers never have changed. So with that in mind, just use the prefix of today's paint and then use the old code numbers and according to PPG it should get you the color you are after.

JT

Ray

My 51 B3B is in the paint shop now and I had the same problem with finding the right color code as I wanted to go with a base coat paint. The first paint store didn't have a clue even with old paint codes. Luckly the second paint guy knew somebody at du Pont and he matched the old code to the new base coat it is CHROMABASE BC GS372K the cost was $207.00 a gallon.

Good Luck

Harvey Suhling

This has all been very interesting as I am think about painting my 1950 B2-HHMA131 Dodge Truck Dark Green and black. None of the paint shops I have approached know what I am talking about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/khfoit/COE042806001.jpg

This is my first post on the new forum. I'm not sure how to post pictures.

Ken, Indy

Ken,

I still use Photobucket. I just copy the image URL and click on the lettle yellow box with the mountain range in it. This opens up an explorer user promp where I paste the image URL. Still have to get rid of the extra http.Here's your photo.

KenFoitsCOE.jpg

This has all been very interesting as I am think about painting my 1950 B2-HHMA131 Dodge Truck Dark Green and black. None of the paint shops I have approached know what I am talking about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...E042806001.jpg

This is my first post on the new forum. I'm not sure how to post pictures.

Ken, Indy

Ken, that's the same green my pickup was and when my brother had it repainted I think the body shop came pretty close. That was 20 years ago though. Whenever you get it painted, please offer the paint codes your came up with.