OT Checking in OT

Dennis Hemingway

Hi Guys, I thought I'd check in as it's been awhile.

My wife had surgery on both feet and was laid up for over 6 months and I took the time to take care of her. As soon as the doctor said that she could go out, we went to Laughlin, Nv for a few days and I was having a hard time breathing while walking up & down stairs, so when we got home I told my VA doctor about the problem he checked me out and said "You might want to get your things in order, you are in the last stages of COPD. Now I am spending 1-2 days a week at the Loma Linda VA Hospital under going tests & treatments. Now after my last test the doctor says that they now want to check to see if the COPD has damaged my heart. I quit smoking over 20 years ago & thought I was safe, but the doctor said that the damage was done before I quit.:mad:

So to say the least I have not been able to work on our cars, I get out of breath just walking to the garage. :(

Dennis:mad:

Dennis, welcome back to the forum. I am very sorry to hear of both your wife's and your troubles. I was not sure what COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) was but looked it up and I now understand why you are short of breath. Hopefully, your doctor can find some way to help and get you back on track. Wishing you well!

Dennis it is hard to see the end of life but you are not there yet. With all the technology today and the one big thing faith (No matter what your faith may be than our maker does have a plan for us). My wife and I are practicing Christians and believe in prayer. And so I will just share your message with her today as we go about our business and we will both be saying a pray for you and your wife for gods intervention. Peace be with you my fellow car buff! Jon and Kathy