Been pushing a car uphill

Rodney Bullock

Hello everyone, I am still around and kicking:p I have been feeling not 100 percent. I did not get a chance to go to Carlise this year and I have been hampered by the AAA comapny. I think the last time a was on the forum I mentioned that the tow guy dropped my street rod on it's exhaust system. It took months to get it back together. I finally have it right. I had the old Plymouth out the garage to cut the grass the other day it runs great.

I am trying to get myself motivated to get out more I have a bum hip and sometimes I can't get out of bed. I have been to a couple shows local but have not ben my globetrotter self in a while. I am trying to go to york for the street rod national.

The old Plymouth is doing good.

post-55-13585361355882_thumb.jpg

I had the old Plymouth out the garage to cut the grass the other day it runs great.

Guess I dont understand. Did you use the Plymouth to cut the grass or do you have grass growing in your garage and had to move the Plymouth to cut it?:rolleyes:

Hope you get to feeling better. I have kleptomania and when it gets really bad I take something for it.

Hi Rodney. Glad to see you back on the forum as I miss your great sense of humour. Sounds like it might be time for a hip replacement. The longer you leave it the worse the hip gets. My wife has had both her hips done and it really makes a difference. Short term pain for long term gain!

You might want to check out some of these places that do a partial joint replacement. Of course it depends on the condition of the joint, but my father-in-law recently had a partial knee replacement (at 89 yeras old), and the partial is "only" a 3 inch cut compared to about a 12" cut for the entire knee replacement. So it's got to be less pain, and quicker recovery. I don't know for sure that they do partial hip replacements, but I'd imagine they do. This place was in Florida, where the old folks tend to migrate to....

Rodney, sorry to hear you're not feeling so good.

Those joints can be a real pain, according to folks I know.

Most who have had joint replacement say they do feel better

after a while for things to heal.

I was going to ask the same questions as Don about moving the

Plymouth to cut the grass. Was thinking maybe the convert could

have a practical use I didn't know about.:D

Bob, you and Don are so wild:rolleyes: There is a video clip somewhere that has the lawn mower sitting behind the Plymouth I just can't find it:)

You know before my mom past away her and I had this long conversation. She said that the hip replacements done at her hospital were flawed. She was a medical nurse and had been in the field for more than 40 years. She said they need to be replaced after 8 years or so and waiting would be better than running out and getting one.

I know you have seen the law commercials about the hip replacement recall. It is huge here on the tele. I would have gotten one of those, I am so glad I listened to her.

You know if I used a cane I would be better off however if I had a cane these young punks would probally try to rob me so I try no to show any weakness;) Or I could train myself to use it like Bat Masterson right:p Anyway I think I will be ok. That long stint in the house with winter got me stiff. I would do anything to be able to run down the street again. You know I dream this sometimes and wake up really sad.

post-55-13585361395117_thumb.jpg

Well that sucks. I'm only 38 and walk with a cane quite often. I cut down a 7/8" ball headed oak curtain rod and added a chair leg cover to the end. It will knock out a pit bull with a fast enough swing (know for a fact, friend's dog went after me).

Had to get a steel plate in my shoulder after a motorcycle wreck in 08. Broke the joint ball into 4 pieces and snapped it off my upper arm bone. Mobility is 85% and still improving.

Dad has had a coupe knee replacements, on the same knee and needs it replaced again. Don't let the V.A. do it.

Brother in law had a double hip replacement. 100% mobility within a month.

Rodney,

We want you back so badly we will offer sage advice. If you dont already,,, go to any corner store and buy you 2 months supply of Osteo-Bi -Flex Glucosomine/Clondritin. Takes a couple months to kick in but regenerates cartliage as best it can.

Have heard of stove up elderly people on canes,walkers, and wheelchairs taking it for couple months and they are now able to go dancing weekly or more. Miraculous stuff actually,,,brands and forms of same stuff does make a difference.

Might try spiking it with a good magnesium and a couple Citricals a day also. We just dont get enough calcium sometimes. It helps MY arthritis pain alot!!! Your mileage may vary!!!

the RX stuff for arthritis has nasty side effects,,but if you must,,,better than nothing.

Arthur is the worst one of those 'ritous brothers!!!