I'm back after a 3 year sidetrack

mikemaker

Howdy all. The beater p15 has been parked for the last 3 or so years. Got married, had a baby girl. You know the story. Anyhow, fired it up yesterday, got it road ready and put insurance back on her. I'll be driving to work tomorrow in the beater. I was thinking about selling the beast, but after driving her yesterday, I think I fell in love with her all over again. I see lots old old friends are still on the board. That's cool.

Cheers to all!

Welcome back, Mike. Let's see a couple of shots of that hibernating bear. Bob and Mike, what kind of music/instruments do you play? We might have to organize a carshow-jam session. I've played in bands since I was a teenager; my wife and I currently play with our church and also have a Southern Gospel music ministry. Here's a link to our website if anyone would like to take a look.

http://stlchristianmusic.com/Embrace/

Glad you didn't sell her. I sold my P-15 in 1999 thinking I was over the old car bug. It was a big mistake I should still have that car. Of all the cars I owned before or since I miss that 47 Special Deluxe the most.

Glad you didn't sell her. I sold my P-15 in 1999 thinking I was over the old car bug. It was a big mistake I should still have that car. Of all the cars I owned before or since I miss that 47 Special Deluxe the most.

That's the thing isn't it? Great car those P-15s. This is my first and I am head over heals with it. For me, it's more than the "old car bug", this is a life long dream that I have finally reached. I've always wanted a car from the 40s. The charm of the big fenders, simplicity of the machine, and a reflection of a bygone era make it a personal treasure. Now the down side (if you can call it that) is I want ANOTHER ONE!! But for now, I'll quell my greed and just keep driving "Phyllis" in bliss. Man, what a dame!

Mike,

Never have found that extra heater switch you were after but now and then, when I'm shuffling through parts, I remember to keep an eye out for it for the guy who found "unobtainable" key blanks for me. Glad you're back and even happier things are going well for you.

-Randy

3 Years of sitting, things begin to rot. Had to replace the battery, bleed the brakes, clean up the contacts on all of the lights. Lube everything including throttle. Replace valve stems in a couple tires. All minor stuff and no big deal. The big drag is that it rained today and my wiper blades are shot so I could not drive the beater to work.

Here are a couple pics of my girl tryin' to figure out the 3 point turnabout. She's getting there! I'll post some pics of the car once the rain stops in a couple days. It's pretty much looking the same as it has for the last 10 years, just a bit more beat up. I have a lot of work to do on it but I have VERY LITTLE spare time these days.

Cheers

missdaisydrivinthebeater.jpg?t=1305647792

missdaisydriving.jpg?t=1305647859

Welcome back, Mike. Let's see a couple of shots of that hibernating bear. Bob and Mike, what kind of music/instruments do you play? We might have to organize a carshow-jam session. I've played in bands since I was a teenager; my wife and I currently play with our church and also have a Southern Gospel music ministry. Here's a link to our website if anyone would like to take a look.

http://stlchristianmusic.com/Embrace/

With Mike and me, you'd have two bass players..........

Except, I also play harmonica and occasionally the washboard.

I play with one other fellow who furnishes the electronic background,

drum machine and vocals. We do older rock and country material on

a weekly basis at a local club, plus miscellaneous gigs around the area.

My current rig.......

DSC02483.jpg

That's the thing isn't it? Great car those P-15s. This is my first and I am head over heals with it. For me, it's more than the "old car bug", this is a life long dream that I have finally reached. I've always wanted a car from the 40s. The charm of the big fenders, simplicity of the machine, and a reflection of a bygone era make it a personal treasure. Now the down side (if you can call it that) is I want ANOTHER ONE!! But for now, I'll quell my greed and just keep driving "Phyllis" in bliss. Man, what a dame!

It isn't just me. My wife is still upset that I did not keep the P-15 - she loved it as well, although I could never get her behind the wheel. I am still trying to get her to drive my 50 Dodge. Its mostly the huge steering wheel and manual steering that keeps her from doing it - the fluid drive is a piece of cake. I'd love a second hobby car (P-15?) but am lucky my wife goes along with one. :)

• 2 weeks later...