rear end

From what I know they all run a fairly high RPM. I see you joined in 2007 so is this a new development? Have you driven it a lot or just get it running. It may be a slipping clutch.

If you just got it running and the engine seems to be running higher RPM than you like you have a few options. You can change out the rear end for a better gear ratio or add an overdrive tranny or T5.

All of this information is on the forum which you probably already know.

joined in 07 when i bought my coupe which is still work in progress and not running. bought the sedan in august for parts but decided to roll it since it is all complete. had it running the next day and been doing things to get it running right. had to replace the head which was wrong for the engine, complete brake job, interior done but not installed. carb just right now after replacing vacuum advance. sittin on a milk crate took it to fuel up and thus my inquiry.........

They will run at higher RPM than what you are used to on modern vehicles. Most modern vehicles are built to run around 2000 RPM at highway speeds. These older vehicles would run happily at around 3000 - 3500. It also will sound noisy due to the fixed fan. The fan will make more noise than the engine.

If you know what rear gear ratio you have you can calculate the RPM of your engine at a given speed. There are several calculators out on the web, including Tod Fitch's. http://www.ply33.com/Misc/speed

Merle