What happened to the old car hobby again???

oldfatman

Today I drove (not in my Plymouth this time) to Washington, DC. I will be here for three weeks. This stint ends the Saturday before turkey day week and my wife is flying up for the big climax (read what ever you conger up here). Lisa and I are taking a dinner cruse (sponsored by my employer) that Saturday up the Potomac River to catch the night lights in Capitol City while munching on some prime rib.

On my last road trip I mentioned that I did not see any old cars worth mentioning. On my trip today I drove up on a really nice looking 1936 Ford Coupe. The tag on the back read “HOT36ROD”. Had dual exhaust and I suspect it was an overhead V-8? Also there was a 59-60 finned Crashler on a trailer, an early 50’s Chevy burb (Subdivision) going the opposite direction, and a purple duce coupe on a trailer. Guess the old car hobby is alive and well in Virginia.

Don, if you were in the 270 & 70 routes in maryland going to virginia(Harper's ferry) you would have seen a whole lot of old cars last week end. Our club had what we call our final tour of the season on the 29 of October. We stopped at Bob Evans for Breakfast and then proceeded to Harper's ferry WV. There were a couple of desoto's and Plymouths, I drove the T-Bird because I did not know how the altitute would effect the old girl. I installed some new carpet in the bird and drove it whole there I saw this old ford at the top of the hill at harper's ferry. had a great time.

post-55-13585344567928_thumb.jpg

post-55-13585344568289_thumb.jpg

post-55-13585344568598_thumb.jpg