1942 Chrysler 3 Window Coupe..WOW!

Roadkingcoupe

Here is a really nice example of a rare 1942 3 window coupe.

Check out the dash and the plastic red "marbelized" treatment.

This is a great example.

link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chrysler-WINDSOR-1942-CHRYSLER-WINDSOR-3-WINDOW-COUPE-RARE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem56438ceb5aQQitemZ370500496218QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#v4-38

That "Vomit" plastic as it was called in the day is really awesome looking. There were assorted colors and Chrysler advertised it by making candy bowls out of i as promo items. I have collected a bit of it over the years. That is a nice car!

Thats amazing, beautiful interior, I have an outside visor on my P11 but I'd take the one off this car or re mount it..........seems to sit too high.......now if my wife wins lotto then I know what I want.........lol........beggars can be chosers........lol......thanks, andyd

Buggar!.........didn't win lotto........would love to be able to sit in that car tho, the interior is just fantastic.......andyd

Very rare car in very nice condition but I gotta say I have always found the '42 Chrysler a strange looking car. I prefer the '41's and '46-'48's. I can see why they had the fenders flow into the doors on the '46-'48 as the front fenders look kind of too heavy on the '41. Grille and rear stainless is kinda funny also. This is just me and I also think the '42 Plymouth is not as nice as either the '41 or '46-'48. No offence to any '42 owners out there intended. They are still good looking cars but not my personal favourites. I wouldn't kick this Chrysler big butt outta my garage for leaking oil though!:P

Edited by RobertKB
Add information

• 8 years later...

Hi, I was just reading this,and waswondering if anyone can tell me how to identify this car,as it seems to be quite similar to some other models, and the differences in trim due to the war dont help.

I have been offered a trade my 1947 Desoto S11 with fluid drive for one of these, 1942 Chrysler 3window coupe.

What areyour thoughts? which one is worth more?

Thanks everyone!

1942 DeSoto's and Chrysler Windsor's are six cylinder powered.

Only 250 1942 Chrysler Windsor 3 passenger coupes were produced... a very very rare car.

At $29,950 that was a excellent buy. You could not restore that car for that price.

To re-do that steering wheel probably cost $1500.00 or more! Then how much to do the rest of the dash and door plastic....................

22 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

1942 DeSoto's and Chrysler Windsor's are six cylinder powered.

Only 250 1942 Chrysler Windsor 3 passenger coupes were produced... a very very rare car.

At $29,950 that was a excellent buy. You could not restore that car for that price.

To re-do that steering wheel probably cost $1500.00 or more! Then how much to do the rest of the dash and door plastic....................

Do you have knowledge of any one that can produce the marbleized plastic?

There is a company that does vintage steering wheels in San Diego California....

http://qualityrestorations.com               I'm sure there are more but have never had a mottled wheel done.

4 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

There is a company that does vintage steering wheels in San Diego California....

http://qualityrestorations.com               I'm sure there are more but have never had a mottled wheel done.

Thanks but was thinking of rest of dash. 41 and 42 dash are similar. Mine is plain tan plastics, the cheapest version. Would love the marbleized dash ?