brake drums needed

packardmanken

I have a right rear drum, if you are interested let me know. But please read my 2 posts on rear drum removal. Yes, they can be VERY tough to get off,don't give up.

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=17863&highlight=rear+brake+drum

http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_forum/showthread.php?t=17960&highlight=rear+brake+drum

packardmanken,

A method I have used and seen others use is to drive the hub off: Loosen the axle nut about 1\4 turn and drive in a circle with wheel with the loosened nut to the outside of the turn. It will make an audible pop so you'll know when it's loose. Drive slowly when doing this and park it as soon as it's loose. It works but have some respect for the machine because you'll be driving with a loose wheel. Should you not hear a pop I wouldn't want the nut much less tight than 1\2 turn but you can believe the drum has had some pressure put on it and the puppy might see the puller in a different light. Try it several times before you give up, then don't give up.

You might be a red neck if...

-Randy

10 inch on the D24...?????? should be 11 inch except for the 9 passenger which gets 12 inch brakes...do look at this again..hate to see you get the wrong part..now are you sure you do not have a D25 (Dodge in Plymouth clothing) I believe that model will have the smaller brakes as it is just a rebadged Plymouth..(with apologies to Chris...)...inquiring minds want to know..!!

Tim: Thanks for the info on the 11" drums. Mechanic has measured and swears they are 10"! I understand that the car could have either 10 or 11" drums. Can anyone else confirm? We have tried to drive them off as described, heated them and are ready to give up! The mechanic has been VERY competent on my cars, but I will have him re-measure. If the front are 10" would the back be 11"? That would explain no reference in hollander's exchange to 10" drums in the back!

If you decide you need a set of 10" drums, I have a complete set of front and rear and will sell separately. If you decide you need any drums you can contact me either through email or PM. As others have stated, be absolutely sure of what you need, 10" or 11".