if it doesnt work..just kick it harder!

mackster

i had problems on and off with my starter...removed it several times and then i dropped it. i was worried it would not work at all anymore. so i re-installed it and it runs great! so maybe this theory will not work with most stuff like girlfriends, wives and kids...I just wanted to share! :)

post-394-13585360395671_thumb.jpg

sounds like you loosened a bit of deposits on the brush holders...have seen this before..these items get their path to ground through the brushes..high resistance/open makes for unreliable starter..lot of modern cars with the built in solenioid will not even get the solenoid to energize if brushes are open as they share the ground path..follks usually buy rebuilt starters that only need a good set of brushes...

..follks usually buy rebuilt starters that only need a good set of brushes...

Then the starter core is sent to another country wher cheap labor is used to install new brushes. Then the starter is returned to the USA and sold as a rebuilt for fifty times the cost of the replacement brushes.

Good job on the starter Mackster. I don't know about your theory about trying it on wifes or girlfriends though - they call that domestic violence over here (or foreplay in the lower class areas!)

Desotodav

I hear ya bud! dont try it on any females!

I've heard dropping a weak battery on a semi hard surface or even rolling it down a hill can improve strength and endurance of said battery as well, for the same reasons....

im going to try this one thing then! im on a roll! :D