Ouch

1940plymouth

And I can remember when regular gas was less than 20 cents a gallon. Wow...things sure have changed.:eek:
Oh yes' date=' I also remember those prices[/quote']

And I assume that you remember the wages you made back when gas was that price...

Seems like we all are just going to work to pay the eccentials of life, gas, food, mortgage, helthcare, college tuition, a case of beer and then nothing left over to enjoy life. Watch some tv and get depressed with what is going on in the world.

We can not even escape the every day aspects of like with our old cars. The cost of running them is now taking a step backwards.

We might be making more money today as compared to the 60's when gas was in the 20-30 cents a gallon but every thing eles seemeds to be more bearable back then. Life seemed to be more simple and people respected each other.

Now lets take the case of the young man that went to the Dodges game the other day and was wearing some San Fransico Giants clothing and get beatup in front of his kids and now is in a coma with brain damage.

We are becoming more hateful as a society maybe the Aztecs are right when their calendar ends in 2012. The world is mad at itself.

Rich Hartung:confused:

Edited by desoto1939

And I assume that you remember the wages you made back when gas was that price...

When I was kid back in the early 60's I use to charge $1.25 per hour for lawn mowing and general yard work. Gasoline was around $0.25 per gallon. So I could buy 5 gallons of gas for one hour of work at about 12 years old. Now at a little over $4.00 per gallon a kid would have to charge about $20 per hour for the same job. I think a 12 year old now might get $10 per hour for the same work. Poor kids !

When I mowed I got $10 per yard with a few exceptions I negotiated with the homeowners. But if I really hustled I could do a lawn in 1/2 hour. Gas was just under a buck then.

OK Young Ed......hows about this one. In '64 I raised a sparrow hawk,a red tailed hawk and 5 baby barn owls from fuzzy little chicks. I would have to supplement their diet with ground round (hamburger meat) at $0.29 per pound when my live rodent traps were empty. What's hamburger meat cost now ?

PS...how could you sleep at night charging your poor neighbors that much? :P

Up here we just call it hamburger(the meat is implied) and I think its about 10 times what it cost you in 64. Not only did I sleep just fine charging them that much I was using Dads lawnmower and fuel. His only stipulation was that I did his yard free.