1941 P12 ASC Restoration Progress Videos

plymouthasc

What a great job! I'm guessing that doing the video is as time consuming, if not more, than building the car. Obviously a labor of love and we are all the benefactors of you multiple effort. Your research, attention to detail and commitment to document the project sets a standard. Thank you!

Now that the car is nearly finished, do you have another project in the wings?

Thanks for the nice remarks. I do have a couple of cars. I have a 1928 Victory Six Dodge that is fairly complete but not driveable. I have a 1951 GMC five window pick-up. I haven't decided what to do next.

Mark

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, How many people are helping you assemble the P12? Just curious.

Tom

Mostly just me, except for the work that is done professionally (like the upholstery). One of my kids comes by or a friend at times to help with things that take two people (like hanging the doors, trunk lid, hood, etc.)

Mark

Like California, Tennessee also allows the use of YOM tags. I was fortunate to pick up this pair a few years back. The interesting thing about the Tennessee tags is they were made in the shape of the state is some Tennessee prison. I had a forum member re-paint my tags. But after a lot of miles they are showing some age again.

Tags1.jpg

Mvc-007f.jpg

platedagain.jpg

The province of Alberta in Canada also allows you to run YOM plates. Most people mistake my plates for 1949 but they are actually 1948 plates. After Alberta it has EX 31.3.49 which just means they were good until March 31, 1949. Hey, I just realized that plate was legal when I was born.......February 26, 1949.

At that time everyone had to renew their plates by the end of March. Nowadays it varies and can be renewed any month. My modern plates all expire at the end of each November.

d25reardeck.jpg

MARK,, another great video# 14,,,

question,,you talk about the engine number on the frame,behind the left wheel???? front or rear ??

also would you happen to know if there are any other stampings in the frame,such as vin# thanks in advance,, keep the video,s rolllin

question,,you talk about the engine number on the frame,behind the left wheel???? front or rear ??

also would you happen to know if there are any other stampings in the frame,such as vin# thanks in advance,, keep the video,s rolllin

The engine number is typically also stamped on the frame rail by the rear axle kick up on the driver side.

There is no VIN for pre-1958 Plymouths, just a serial number, engine number and body number. All different.

this is really an amazing thread...

the videos are well structured, shot sharp and bright,

good sound, well structured and cut... genius.

editing and producing the videos must be as much work as restoring the car!

thanks for sharing that, i've learned a lot here!

all the best from berlin,

fred

The number of the engine that was originally put in the car is stamped on the outward facing side of the frame where it arches up over the left rear axel/wheel. I have seen some that are very visible. Mine is clearly there, and I can read it, but I have to get the light reflecting off it just right. You may need to check carefully.

Mark, hows thing going with the car?.........am having withdrawl symptoms re no new video.........lol..........andyd

I need my P11 Resto Video Fix.............please...........lol..........andyd

I will post a new video before the show. I was out of town for a few days and now I am rushed to finish the project in time for the Plymouth Owners' Club meet in Pacific Grove, CA.

As an update, the upholstery is done. It took me a entire day to get all the stainless trim back on the grill. That was a real pain. I still need to put the hood and the front bumper back on.

Once that is done it will be off to DMV for the visual inspection so I can get my new tag. I also want to have the alignment checked.

There are a couple of other things that need to be finished, but I will explain in the next video.

Mark

Mark, no worries, take your time and get it done for the show.....good luck there.............andyd

The number of the engine that was originally put in the car is stamped on the outward facing side of the frame where it arches up over the left rear axel/wheel. I have seen some that are very visible. Mine is clearly there, and I can read it, but I have to get the light reflecting off it just right. You may need to check carefully.

mark thanks a bunch,,,, good luck with the event,,cant wait to see your next video,,,,but get the car ready first,,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks for waiting to see the video of my car finished.

I posted a new video with clips from the POC National Summer Meet in Pacific Grove.

Please share the link with anyone who may not follow the the forum, but is mentioned in the video.

I also explain in the video if I will continue to make more videos.

I really have appreciated all the support I received through this thread.

Mark

I too wish to thank you for the videos. Well done! I suspect that the journey, the videos and the restoration, was the reward and the 1st at the POC gathering was just icing on the cake. You've got to be proud (and relieved) and looking forward to your next project(s).

Thanks again. You have been a great inspiration.