Fix or replace

Specialdeluxe47

that is a call you need to make..they can be repaired by drilling a hole at the very end of the crack...this is a must to prevent further cracking..you can then have it welded by a good welder using proper cast iron welding tecniques or you can do it your self and braze it with a bronze fluxed coated rod..the cast iron approach would be my recommendation but I have had excellent results with bronze also...

Edited by Tim Adams

How deep are the cracks? The casting needs to be pre-heated and prepped properly. You need to be a skilled welder to do a professional job. Manifolds are not too hard or expensive to find. I'd replace it.

Bob

fwiw, my intake on the '48 cracked where the bolts screw in from the exhaust manifold. There is a welding & machine shop a stone's throw from the house, and they charged me $30 to stitch up the cracks, as they have several guys who weld machined flanges to cast iron pipes for the oil & gas industry. They also welded a busted ear on my transmission where the parking brake bolts to the top plate. If you can find someone through a machine shop capable of doing cast iron welding, let them give it a shot.