Vintage picture thread

coW52Dodge

And well they should be. It is not something that should ever be used in an urban environment. Bad ricochets are a very real possibility. But out in the desert brush they are quite effective.......and they can't really go off by accident. ;)

Jeff

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out !

Ralphie.jpg

Hank  :eek:

• Like 1

Hank; Of all the great movie characters.....I have always identified with Ralphie. :lol: I didn't grow up in a place you could freeze your nuts off but other than that it was very similar. I didn't get the BB gun though......until many years later. I think Mom was afraid (rightfully)I would shoot my little sister. Finally when I was about 45 my Dad presented me with a Red Ryder at Christmas one year. My kids got a big hoot out of that. In fact everyone but my sister thought it was pretty darn funny. She was constantly ratting me out to Mom.....and I have been known to hold a grudge a long spell. I am fairly certain she sleeps with one eye open :eek:

Jeff

Along the same 'twin engine' theme...

These were twin flathead engined Ford trucks built to haul bomber parts during ww2.

I like the way both powerplants along with transmissions slide out the front on a 'tray' for maintenance.

Also notice each engine drives it's own rear axle.

post-1725-0-44744900-1424544945_thumb.jpg

post-1725-0-29890400-1424544953_thumb.jpg

post-1725-0-36771400-1424544959_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigDaddyO
  • Like 1