Vintage picture thread

coW52Dodge

. . . I like the way both powerplants along with transmissions slide out the front on a 'tray' for maintenance. . .

From some photos I've seen of front engined motor bus maintenance facilities in the 1920s it seems that having the power plant on a removable subframe was fairly common. I'll see if I can find some of the photos.

• Like 1

And then there is the five engine setup in the Sherman tank. That was an eye opening discovery into how the American engineers used available sub assemblies in creative applications to provide support equipment for the war. Wasn't the jeep designed and built in 30 days?

nice find, althouth probably a flat-faced cowl & chassis or windshield cowl & chassis, rather than a route van.  the route van has a distinctive, and different, front.

a delivery, in any case.

My dad once bought a retired post office van very much like the green van.

Mvc-005f.jpg

Im000448.jpg

• Like 1

What is the model name and number for this semi? I think I know where there is a fixer upper.

3656f533-f23b-4217-8af9-9750.jpg

The cast spoke wheels became standard equipment in 1950 on the B2 series heavy duty trucks from 2 3/4 to 4 ton  (R,T,V and Y series). The Y series 4 ton trucks were added to the lineup in 1950 for the first time also.

• Like 1